Any Stardew Valley residents in here? If so, what is your favorite farm type? Highest year played?
Stardew Valley
Started by SurgeonGeneral [360740] on in Gaming.
About this thread
Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 25
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 10 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 64 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- ArcticAnarchy [2194914]
· 4 likes ·
I love stardew but tbh have only ever played on the default farm and havent actually finished a year yet because i keep getting distracted and starting over. Id love to play multiplayer with someone at some point - A_Mean_Person [1631303]
· 3 likes ·
I have it, played it for a few hours, but not enough to have a formed opinion about the game. Guess it didnt captivate me enough to go back dor a second go. - SurgeonGeneral [360740]
· 3 likes ·
Here is what my current farm looks like. Almost all Ancient Fruit planted. Kegs in all the sheds, in the tunnel, road leading to the tunnel, quarry full of kegs too. Cellar full of casks of Ancient Fruit Wine. Going …
Any Stardew Valley residents in here? If so, what is your favorite farm type? Highest year played?
I have it, played it for a few hours, but not enough to have a formed opinion about the game.
Guess it didnt captivate me enough to go back dor a second go.
The game is pretty deep. One guy created the whole game, graphics, music, code. Yea, it's not everyones top pick game,lol.
I love stardew but tbh have only ever played on the default farm and havent actually finished a year yet because i keep getting distracted and starting over. Id love to play multiplayer with someone at some point
I like watching Multiplayer Stardew, but I don't think I would actually enjoy playing it.
I have Stardew and I want to get into it like hardcore but I keep getting distracted and I get confused on how to do things in the game, let alone access all of the deep parts of the story.
My first farm took me 5 game years to finally catch on. Then as I got better with combat in the mines is when the game really took off for me. There really isn't a wrong way to play it. And since the update this winter, there is more content, and Concerned Ape (Developer) is going to write even more content for it real soon. If you have questions, I can help with them. And while some don't like to use Wiki pages, I use the Stardew Valley Wiki all of the time. The Wiki is somewhat a part of the game. But it's a huge time management game. Don't feel like you're cheating looking at it as some things are nearly impossible to know or guess without the wiki, and the knowledge you gain from the wiki will not spoil the game for you. Essentially you have 5 farm types, and you can play as many farms as you wish. You're not locked to just one farm.
I'm as guilty as everyone else when it comes to restarting, I'll play it for a day or so, not touch it for a week then the next time I load it I'll boot up cheat-engine too or load it up with mods, then I'll be bored because I cheated and restart, rinse + repeat.
As for fav farm type, I prefer the forest or hilltop farm, highest I got was 4 years into the game but that was back when it first released.
I've played a lot of Standard farms and I've played 2 Riverland farms. I'd thought I would run out of space with Riverland, but I never did. It was pretty cool to fish right up to when you had to turn in for the night.
A lot of the mods don't work anymore unless they got updated since last fall when the new release came out. I think DF (Dangerously Funny) keeps those modders going to keep creating new mods. He even admitted in his videos that if wasn't for the modders he wouldn't be able to keep making videos. But the various cheats and glitches are all now patched over.
The ultimate challenge is getting deep in skull cavern, which there is no bottom to that.
The Hilltop and Forest farm do have quite a bit of fanbase to them, and probably are the most popular out all of them.
Ive played through about 4 times. I get to year 4 or 5 and start over again. I have tried every farm style so far and married someone different every time.
Oh, question for all! Who is your favorite person to marry?
I've married Maru and Abigail. They both seem to be about the same though.
I like Abigail as she's giving you bombs as presents.
Here is what my current farm looks like. Almost all Ancient Fruit planted. Kegs in all the sheds, in the tunnel, road leading to the tunnel, quarry full of kegs too. Cellar full of casks of Ancient Fruit Wine. Going to let the mature to Iridium Quality.
Having the Slime Hutch allows me slime egg drops in the mines. 5,000 gold for a Purple Slime egg drop in Skull Cavern.
[image: upload.farm]
I used to play a lot of Stardew Valley.. and I took some screenshots from a modded playthrough...
Was gonna marry Sebastion.. but Abigail had video games and a Crono Trigger poster on the wall...
[image: lh3.googleusercontent.com]
Turned Elliot into Beast.. Just because.
[image: lh3.googleusercontent.com]
And also Slimegirl jail:
[image: lh3.googleusercontent.com]
I have it, and read some really good reviews of the game which made me want it and was so disappointed. I dont know how anyone can spend hours on the game.
I feel the same exact way with Red Dead Redemption 2, Fortnite, etc. It's best to watch YouTube videos before buying a game to make sure it's something you'll enjoy playing. Everyone has their own game niche they enjoy playing.
But having come playing Zelda, way back on the NES, it's a really nice game to play. A lot of people compare it to Harvest Moon. The game style is 'Inde' for "Indepenent". One guy (Concerned Ape) wrote the whole game, along with the graphics & music. He hired Chucklefish to write the multiplayer end of the game. Unlike major branded games, Concerned Ape & Chucklefish are very responsive to game concerns.
I'm not much of a video gamer, but Stardew Valley is the first game that I've owned to where I've completed the game multiple times.
There is always My Time At Portia if graphics are an issue. Not that focused on the farming aspect, but the spirit of the game is close enough.
But then again i have both and only placed a few hours of my time in either. I did log a few times in My time at portia though, but, again it was forgotten in my endless pile of games. (got to stop getting more games)
Me too, I have more games than I have time to play in my lifetime I reckon lol. Some I buy and never even turn on.
Just recently started. I got the game on switch 2 weeks ago. I'm on my winter first year.
I play it on the switch!
I chose the river map because I thought it looked very nice and aesthetic but then afterwards noticed that I have less land to use
still stayed with it though, I guess i'm kind of playing hard mode lol
I chose the river map because I thought it looked very nice and aesthetic but then afterwards noticed that I have less land to use
still stayed with it though, I guess i'm kind of playing hard mode lol