Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Text Formatting Features

Started by Actuariolam [1967959] on in Suggestions.

7 replies · 91 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
44
Authority score
41 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
Actuariolam [1967959]

I would really love to see a revamp of features available for formatting posts. As is they're quite limited and very difficult to format when trying to import existing content from docs/spreadsheets, which is a huge hindrance when posting a lengthy thread, message or submitting to the newspaper.

I propose some of the following changes:



 



1. Basic text size choices that range in between the current options of:


HEADING TYPE


or 



Paragraph Type



 



2. Improved table properties such as not having the cells start out as nearly impossible to distinguish

   
  

whatisthis

showing options for background/border color instead of having us guess and having the preview feature actually show what the post is going to look like. Like some sort of... preview.



 



3. The ability to directly import files from google docs/sheets with limited alterations to formatting aside from text styles



 



 



Any other ideas?


Kata [1990396]

Can we rename your post to "The new editor sucks ass"?

 

Can't embed videos >:(

Please tell me we have the option of keeping the original one instead of using this crap.

Edit:  Why make a new editor WITH LESS FEATURES? SMH.  Seems a bit backwards to me.
Proph [2113912]

I think this idea would be great. And also feed this into profile and forum signatures too.

It feels like it’s pretty limited in what you can do, especially in terms of text sizes! There should be an option to alter this easier, maybe giving you an option to select a text size by number rather than type to make it easier. I know this has cause me pain!
Nug [2070729]

This seems like the most basic of requests to implement. I would definitely recommend taking advantage of this suggestion, a more appealing appearance is only going to be more inviting to new players to get involved in this text based community.
Lord_Sunday [59423]

R+ anything which can improve and make things easier is a bonus. But especially in events of lengthy threads which may put people of making them? 
Triplicant [2037705]

On the subject of sizes, WHY do company banners need such tiny requirements?! I can see this making sense in the days of slow connections and expensive storage and hosting, but I cannot imagine it to be the same now. 
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

Yeah I agree there should be a lot more functionality - can’t rxplain how frustrating it is to make and maintain certain threads of mine particularly the BS HOF. Was really hoping the BB Code would solve all those issues but looks like it’s still not quite ideal.