Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

LGBT

Started by Goldrums [2229745] on in General Non-related.

1 replies · 70 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
17 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

1035358 [1035358] ×1

SeaLion [250755]

I am a cisgendered straight male. Put down your pitchforks, its OK I have gay friends (that's what they all say). Growing up in your traditional American household I had some preconceived notions when I was younger, but through the people I have met I understand. I have since been to gay bars, drag shows, gay weddings, gay parties, gay fundraisers, etc. I will happily tag along to the gay bars with any LGBT friends of mine with open arms. Some of the best people I have ever met are gay, and for some reason it still seems to be a social issue. Don't want to marry the same sex? Don't do it, but let everyone else have their fun. I see it as one of my civic duties to stand by my fellow citizens regardless of sexual orientation, race, etc. 

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people." - Martin Luther King, Jr.



As far as being an openly gay player I would just like to point you to a few examples of the communities behavior. Remember this is the internet, and does not reflect the game as a whole. There are all types of people on the Internet who all hold their own personal views, hateful or not.

TORN Admins Discrimination

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16018567&b=0&a=0

Duke (NPC) who is ran by staff is not a fan of "ladyboys" and "all of them must die". I get it is supposed to be in character for Duke the sleazeball loan shark, but I still found it distasteful enough to remember. I know it was meant in jest, but it can also set a precedent for negative player behavior. I am not here to crucify the staff for the post, but just pointing out the social effects it can have in the community.

Boobie Thread Equal Employment Oppurtunities

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=6&t=15926296&b=0&a=0&start=240&to=17045754

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=6&t=15926296&b=0&a=0&start=560&to=18897053

I sneak a trans girl into my boobie thread here and there. Often this goes unnoticed, but sometimes there is negative feedback. The last one I doubt anyone even realized was trans. Many users also stuck up for the trans model and defended her being in the thread, which was refreshing to see. I will continue to sneak more of them in there to prove my point that most people would not know a trans person if they saw them. People seem to have some strange image of a man in a dress that they cannot seem to overcome, but in reality trans people blend into our daily lives without our knowledge. 

My Favorite Trans Player

https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=1035358#/

We used to have a trans player named MadameButterfly who was a lovely soul and frequent NR poster. They had a relationship in real life with another trans (?) player Jenocide. At that time the forums and gameplay were a lot more toxic, so being so outspoken caused a lot of problems for her. She linked me her facebook before taking off, but it has since been deactivated. I hope she is doing well for herself. All she ever wanted was for people to accept her for the person she is...

[image: i.postimg.cc]

Arrt! Arrrt! 

Mentions: 1035358 [1035358] · GRAVE - General Boobie Appreciation Thread · THE DUKE IS GREASED UP AND READY TO GO