I'm curious why the mods are so hard against me if I accidentally post something to the NPC instead of Trade. But those who constantly flame, cuss, tell racist jokes and so on, are apparently immune from any penalty.
Mod Bias
Started by MrTickles [2216145] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 24
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 52 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 49 / 100
- Engagement score
- 65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Tyler [23890]
· 8 likes ·
Prox, let the man vent, this is "Bugs & Issues" after all. You sent a Box of Tissues to MrTickles. - Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
· 4 likes ·
You’ll be better off filing a player report if you feel like an issue such as racism etc isn’t dealt with appropriately - shak [1592807]
· 4 likes ·
You could try playing instead of trying to stick to w.e it is you are doing. Most of us find the game more appealing playing it rather than being a total asshat...
Mentioned in this thread
I'm curious why the mods are so hard against me if I accidentally post something to the NPC instead of Trade. But those who constantly flame, cuss, tell racist jokes and so on, are apparently immune from any penalty.
You’ll be better off filing a player report if you feel like an issue such as racism etc isn’t dealt with appropriately
I do file reports and most of the time they come back saying it's within the rules .
So basically you can be as abusive as you want all day in the chat. But accidentally send a trade message to NPC a couple of times and you're banned from the chat for 7 days.
Except not everyone cos there are some guys that do it every 30 minutes and nothing happens .
So I wonder why the mods are riding me so hard.
Okay, well if it’s within the rules then what more do you expect from a bug report? The same people dealing with your bug reports will deal with passing this bug up to an admin or whatever.
Mentions: MrTickles [2216145]
It just shows unfair and inconsistent moderation. They're making decisions based on their emotions instead of the rules.
You can laugh and tease me, but now I can't even chat privately with my friends for a week. Because it's not just the public chats that are blocked but also private .
Learn to work the system or be more careful maybe?
Have you played on mobile? It's easy to accidently send a message to the wrong chat room .
Putting that aside, why is it okay to verbally abuse people all day with cuss words but a couple of trade chats in the wrong window gets you a 7 day ban?
I’m not laughing at you, more was trying to offer some advice. If you think you’ve been treated unfairly with a chat ban you can also file a player report on yourself to dispute it.
If you feel you've been treated injustly you can file a player report on yourself to dispute the ban.
I'll try that thanks .As for someone laughing at me, I was referring to the guy who sent a box of tissues .
And apparently we can't put bounties on someone if they're a staff member. How would he know why I put a bounty on someone and how would I even know who banned me? I put bounties on them because they're generally rude and obnoxious. If they're players, it should be possible to bounty them.
bogie says:
Hello.
Whilst I appreciate that staff are players when you are bountying them in direct response to them doing their staff duties this will not be tolerated.
I have deleted the bounties you've placed, continue and I will take further action against your account.
-Joshua
Mentions: bogie [148747]
You could try playing instead of trying to stick to w.e it is you are doing. Most of us find the game more appealing playing it rather than being a total asshat...
I ve been in NPC... I remember your kind of rule benders...
Blah Blah Blah... (commercial Line)
Oh... Sorry ''Wrong Chat'' (get away Card')
You can't bend the rules repeatedly. and expect to get away with it....
Repeatedly? Like once every couple of days.
And why is it okay to flame and verbally attack people for hours but a trade message gets you a ban
Does that honestly make sense to you?
You may dislike how these other people act but it appears they are still within the rules. You're pasting trade chat spam to the new player chat which is against the rules. Doing it every few days means you're either doing it on purpose or you need to be more careful. This chat ban is meant to teach you that lesson since you've refused to learn it previously.
Really you're better off just learning from your mistakes and not doing it again. Having a whinge in the bugs & issues forum isn't going to help you. Bountying the staff members because they did their job is really not gonna help you. Pretending you didn't know they were staff just makes you look even worse. If you actually didn't know then you just look dumb, but I don't believe you based just on your whining here.
Based on what you're saying it sounds like you have run ins with the mods fairly regularly. You've barely been playing the game for a month. That alone is going to make them less lenient on you.
TLDR;
- Be more careful with your trade chat spam. It's not that hard.
- Get over it and just move on. Play the game. A week isn't that long.
- Acting like this just makes you look worse. Stop it.
Thats standard.
Look at the forums, I can throw abuse at people providing im not being racist without any comebacks.
Put a question in gen discussion though and it'll be moved in 10 minutes with people making a point to reply in it to post in Q and A, I guess because they're sad loosers.
All the chats are the same
NPC can be a very frustrating place.
Rise above it and be glad when you leave it.
Yeah cause more than once is not a repeat...
Attacking staff is fine. Bountying staff is fine. But that's only when you're doing it in response to them as a player. Bountying in response to them doing their jobs isn't allowed, not bountying them period.
If you were posting trade ads in NPC, you would have been told to stop, and you wouldn't have gotten a 7 day ban on a first offence, so after your warning you should have been sure to check where you were posting before hitting send.
Also, "Other people break rules so why can't I?" isn't a valid defence against staff action. The behavior of other players in NPC has nothing do with you getting punished, and it doesn't make staff bias against you. Staff only enforce the rules, and while being crass in NPC may be allowed within the rules on a case by case basis (as you were told after reporting some of them), posting trade ads in NPC is clearly not allowed.
If you still feel like your chat ban was unjustified, file a player report on yourself to have your case reviewed. At the very least staff will clearly explain the reasoning.