31 replies · 344 views · thread synced · 8 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
49 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
HenkiePuk[1043621]
· 3 likes · Not fixed for me, on faction announcement page I'm constantly running into 403 errors when I'm adding stuff. Up until a few days ago I had no problems with any formatting (background colors, centered text etc), now I'm running into …
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 3 likes · Hopefully this is fairly rare. It's due to Cloudflare protection which we're leaving on for the foreseeable future, the exact cause of the error in each case is likely different and not really obvious, but it seems to always be …
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 2 likes · Please try now! It's quite hard work applying all the bypasses to every area, but I've tested each one and all looks okay now!
On my scammer forum I had an area at the bottom for ways players on the list took revenge on me. I decided to remove it, but then after i clicked edit, it said 403 error, then after about 10-15 seconds, it refreshed with the edit page still there, but the edits were gone. I have tried on PC and Iphone, but neither lets me edit the forum.
This usually means some content in your post is being flagged as malicious by cloudflare and blocking it. I expect related to some HTML involved in your post.
I am having tyre same issue with a 403 error but mine is happening when I try to make changes to my profile signature.
It can't be related to malicious content as I'm trying to remove things not add.
Ive tried logging out and logging in from multiple different devices and even deleted my torn app and tried again with no change. Ive also deleted cookies and history but nothing is helping.
Thats the same thing i had. I was trying to remove a list of dislikes and bounties i had recieved from people on the scammer and buymugger list. all it had were torn events
I just tried to remove all external links such as screenshots and pictures, but I still got the error and can’t chnage it. I have no ability to edit the forum. If I post the link, can you remove the offensive area. I can’t
What happens if you delete all content of the post and save it? There'd be something in the message triggering it. You can then add the content back to it step by step?
Got it. something in these lines: at the top, near the top, the top, at top. Is causing the problem. That line is what triggered it. Any ideas as why that is malicious? Does cloudflare have something against the word top?
I was having the same issue and after a bit of playing around by removing elements here and there, I determined it was the external images that were triggering the cloudflare protection (just images of spreadsheets.)
After I removed the images, posted the post, and then edited again to include the images, it let me post it. Worth a try if you're running into this and you're not doing anything malicious.
Thanks! deleting everything worked, so I can work with adding each thing back one by one now later when i have some time. Thank you for responding and helping me resolve this!
My problem is the same, but the thing causing it is 1 quotation mark. Literally everything saves unless I put a quotation mark in a certain place in my post, which is kind of ridiculous. There is no difference if I put one or two, but by process of elimination I've narrowed it down to that one character.
Yes, the quotation mark originated from the Torn text box and was not copied in from anywhere. There is nothing around the quotation mark except the usual <p></p>. Wondering why this is.
EDIT:
Problem "solved" - I was able to place the quote I was putting in the post up at the top of the post rather than the bottom of the post, and then copy/pasted the body of the post above the quote. smh.
BooBooKittyPhuc[2200545] · #17
Is there any other way to fix this?
This isnt working for some elements.. All non malicious text. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've even tried to retype stuff.
Hopefully this is fairly rare. It's due to Cloudflare protection which we're leaving on for the foreseeable future, the exact cause of the error in each case is likely different and not really obvious, but it seems to always be something to do with the content's formatting / HTML. This will obviously cease being an issue when we finally roll out the new BBCode editor site-wide.
For now, please do this.
1. Select all your post / faction announcement / profile signature which is producing a 403 error. 2. Click the "A" button to the top right to bring up the text editor menu. 3. Select the "Format" dropdown menu and click "Clear formatting".
This will remove all fancy formatting from it, and hopefully allow it to work. You can then try adding formatting back to it if you wish.
I was trying to send a faction mail last night, i post it into a forum thread to make sure it looks okay as sometimes it does not come out as it should and then i delete it and send the mail round if all is okay with it. But I got the 403 error trying to post it on the thread, i also got it trying to mail it to another faction member and also when trying to send the actual mail.
I did find this thread last night and tried the resolve offered by you Chedburn but could not use any formatting at all. I removed all the formatting i had put in whilst doing the mail and tried to add bits back but could not do it, even a single bold or strikethrough was preventing me from sending it. So in the end i just had to send it all unformatted, not the best so cant wait until the new BBCode editor comes.... any idea when this may be?
I had this issue. I read this entire forum and tried what ched suggested with the clear formatting but that didn't do anything. Someone said they just moved one thing to a different location so I cut and pasted one paragraph from the bottom to the top and it allowed me to save it. Just moving things around and that worked for me. I do think this is going to be a common problem and not everyone is going to know how to fix it. I have been adding things to my profile signature for years including pictures, links, old copied information from pre respo and copied texts. I dreded not being able to find the issue because as I had a lot of information to look through or having to delete something I didnt want to. If the solution is as easy as moving stuff around its still inconveniences people who write big posts then all of a sudden it doesn't save and it's lost. Everyone should copy any information on a notepad before clicking to post or send. I foresee a lot of complications that may be remedied by a BBCode editor.