Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Elite: Dangerous

Started by BackStabbath [886794] on in Gaming.

11 replies · 62 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
BackStabbath [886794]

Anyone here play Elite: Dangerous?  Its a space Sim game in a 1:1 model of the milky way galaxy, something like 400 billion star systems.

 

I'm on Xbox, gt - BackStabbath606
Griimace [2225351]

Yessssss! Elite owned my life for a solid couple months but the disc drive in my PS4 broke down. Soo I was actually thinking of rebuying and just downloading it to play. I quite miss it lol
A_Mean_Person [1631303]

I think that was actually the first game i bought on Steam. I tried it... And i tried it quite a few times, (didn't have the amount of games i have now), but never convinced me. Guess controlling the ship wasn't all that newbie friendly, docking was a serious adventure.

At the time i ended up back on X3 Albion Prelude instead and slowly forgot Elite Dangerous even existed.

I assume the game probably changed quite a bit since i last tried it, but judging by steam reviews atm, most are not a fan. So i'll think i'll stick with the X series. (Not that the X4: Foundations reviews are that much better, but the X games are a devil i know, kind of a guilty pleasure)

 
BackStabbath [886794]

Yes it took me like a month to get the hang of the controls and an understanding of the game but I'm glad I stuck with it.  I still use the docking computer as I'm still not all that accurate when it comes to landing lol
HairyHarry [988807]

I bought it after getting all excited from thinking back to my days playing frontier elite 2. Unfortunately couldn’t get into playing on a Xbox and haven’t touched it since. Need to try again
BackStabbath [886794]

It was super hard to get the hang of it.  I still haven't really learned how to fight properly lol I make money from trading and exploring.
BackStabbath [886794]

I've been wanting to get a gaming PC just for this game haha.  I've got like 300 hours and I haven't even touched combat yet.  Just about elite on exploration and trading though
A_Mean_Person [1631303]

If what you like is trading and exploring, you should be playing an X game instead. Its like miles away in that aspect.

It has a lot more depth and you can actually impact changes to the whole universe with your actions / stations you build and such.

ED does have better graphics still, even being an older game, and supposedly many seem to like the fighting better, although personally, because the ships seemed most uncontrollable i can't say i was a fan. As for the X ones, it kind of depends on the ship you are flying, if you are in a freighter fighting is unbearable... Well in any big ship the fighting is quite bad, because their maneuverability is awful, but if you are in a fighter it can be quite enjoyable...  
BackStabbath [886794]

I just haven't gotten around to learning the combat aspect yet.  When I started playing, setting fire groups confused me for some reason so I just never really learned.  I intend to mess around with it to once I hit elite in exploring
Red [1180625]
just reinstalled this on steam, needed something to tackle since anthem is such a let down. played an hour or so a few years back but the learning curve was a bit steep for a regular pleb like myself. committed to giving it a fair chance now tho, while im waiting for other games newer content (eso)

if you wanna team up or whatever gimme a shout on steam (ReaverStormhammer) or in game here