Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chain Counter Bug

Started by S-I-S [1187574] on in Bugs & Issues.

38 replies · 477 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
53 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

wazzap [208800] ×1 Jammed [1531835] ×1

S-I-S [1187574]

[image: i.imgur.com]

Basically the chain counter lags and you have to keep refreshing browser all the time. As you can see the from the printscreen the chain counter is at 1,011 and Live chain counter is at 1,019. This is happening for few members in the faction.
Silver_Rose [1642775]

Henkie file a bug report 2 months ago for the same thing and it never been fixed?

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16069690&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=19046024
wazzap [208800]
wazzap: hi there just wondering if you can help there is a delay in a hit beeing registerd omn the chain bar under life. we are getting a 30+ second delay
Jammed: bugs and issues forum is the place for that stuff
Jammed: where the devs can see it
Last message: Sat, 21:42 - TCT

Mentions: Jammed [1531835] · wazzap [208800]

hy8r1d [2020533]

confirm same issue....additionally, losses arent registering on the chain drop down, but are on the attacking tab at bottom of page.
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff

For me it happens when faction tab is not active. Then I come back to the faction tab and sidebar data is being updated. Do you have the same issue?
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

We just lost our chain at 6700 because of this - is it possible to have it reinstated? Our chain bar was displaying 4 minutes left on the timer when the chain died meaning no one hit.
Tyler [23890]

You can't expect parts of Torn to help you chain. You need to keep an internal (deep inside of you, if you know what I mean) log of the chain timer. That's what we got told when API went to shit...

Jokes aside, both cases are bullshit. How is it a players fault if a part of Torn messes up, be it one page vs another or the API.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

API (I feel) is a little different as you're relying on an externally built and maintained (doctorn etc) application or extension to assist you while you had the sidebar (which is the only thing implemented by torn itself to tell you when a chain is dying) still working. 

In our case that one thing that was supposed to be relied upon failed. 
PrincessJulie [11229] Admin Staff

Okay so I've been chain sitting all day so i've been testing out the timer. It only fails if I'm sitting looking at the faction page, not clicking anything or navigating to other tabs, when an attack happens. I've had others in my faction try as well and they're having the same results as myself. 

If i go to another tab and back, it goes back to normal
CRLF [2095076]

Have every faction member use an SED. I hear this is effective in resolving unintended game features.