Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Punished?

Started by weirdybeardy [2146631] on in Graveyard.

9 replies · 58 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

bogie [148747] ×2 weirdybeardy [2146631] ×1

weirdybeardy [2146631]

So apparently I'm getting punished for using the Reason feature as it was intended, that's right, not misusing it, just using it as it's supposed to be.
bogie: Hello - I want to make a point to tell you that bypassing an ignore via the bounty feature is not permitted.
weirdybeardy: I haven't, you've been misinformed.
weirdybeardy: The only person I can think of that your referring to is tipsy, and I've only left a msg to the would be bounty claimers, as the reason bracket was inteded for I'm sure.
bogie: This is why I am just messaging you. I would advise that you avoid any messages with this user as they do have you on their ignore list, given that we have not yet patched this.
weirdybeardy: since I'm not speaking to them, I don't see any problem with it.
weirdybeardy: also, however, they have used the reason feature to speak to me.
bogie: They've also been addressed about this.
bogie: You're taking the piss right now aren't you?
bogie: Right as soon as I tell you not to do that you do it again?
weirdybeardy: taking a shit actually, how'd you know?
weirdybeardy: do what?
bogie: We'll have a chat in a federal report then.
weirdybeardy: I told you, I'm not talking to them.
weirdybeardy:REWARDTARGETLVLLISTERREASONQTYSTATUSCLAIM $100,000 Tipsy 81 Okay 1 weirdybeardy They Know Y
weirdybeardy: They
weirdybeardy: they
You can't send the same message twice in a row.
bogie: "bogie: This is why I am just messaging you. I would advise that you avoid any messages with this user as they do have you on their ignore list, given that we have not yet patched this."
bogie: Right after I tell you to avoid doing exactly that.
weirdybeardy: since I'm not speaking to her again, what's the problem?
weirdybeardy: i'm telling the bounty claimers, they know the reason.
bogie: You can avoid putting ANY messages tehre.
weirdybeardy: as it's not breaking any rules, I don't see a problem.
weirdybeardy: since your saying i'm talking to them, pls, quote our talk.
bogie: I would count ANY communication here as bypassing it, the fact that you continued directly after me telling you to stop is what is ridiculous.
weirdybeardy: there is no bommunitcation
bogie: Given that I had messaged you first with benefit of the doubt, deliberately going past this is not wise.
weirdybeardy: a reason to the bounty takers, is not communication, I haven't addresser tipsy, nor have I talked to her.
weirdybeardy: you've unforutnately got your facts wrong
weirdybeardy: if you noticed the reason shows up in the bounty list, ergo, it's meant to advertise your reason to the bounty takers, hence, I'm talking to the bounty takers, when I say, "They Know Y"
weirdybeardy: so not sure why you're saying i'm bypassing a block, when i'm not even talking to them, or askin someone else to ttalk to them.
weirdybeardy: and threatening me
bogie: I am informing you.
weirdybeardy: misinforming*
weirdybeardy: tell me, when didi I bypass to talk to her?
weirdybeardy: one example of my transgressions
bogie: It sends a direct message to them - which is why I messaged you first.
bogie: Yet you ignored that warning and continued doing it anyway.
weirdybeardy: because I have't spoken to them
 
I believe that this is not bypassing, and if this game stands behind this out of control cm, then I guess it's just not a game for me.

Mentions: bogie [148747] · weirdybeardy [2146631]

weirdybeardy [2146631]

You still haven't said how it's bypassing. Never spoke to them, and my bounty reason, doesn't speak to them either, so please, reiterate because I must have bad seeing, I never saw your proof that I bypassed a block?
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

Perhaps it'd be useful to remove the ability to place a bounty message should the target have you on their ignore list, I can see it being confusing.

Though it's pretty obvious what is meant here, if you get warned not to do something, then just don't do it, especially when you are literally just receiving the warning...
weirdybeardy [2146631]

so I guess if someone likes a msg, or comments in a thread the person made, then they're bypassing as well, since they get a msg of those events as well. Or when you get a bounty laid on you as well, doesn't take a reason to send a msg to them letting them know they got the bounty, which is exactly what it's doing with a reason as well.

And since the reason I list isn't talking to them, I fail to see where I bypassed the block, unless your going to start punishing ppl who do the aforementioned things as well?
weirdybeardy [2146631]

so if it's determined that this is somehow consdiered bypassing, and then none of regular bounties, likeing comments, posting in threads is also added to the bypassing block, then I'm afraid this game just isn't for me, for it has shown it's corruption before my eyes.