a trade was set up for 500000 shares i put money in and accepted trade when i got trade it was only 500 shares but i did not get any warning that it had been altered the person who scammed was Jean-Grey- [2117076
trade bug
Started by CARR [573391] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 13
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 4
- Authority score
- 61 / 100
- Historical score
- 31 / 100
- Story score
- 46 / 100
- Engagement score
- 61 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Brad [1414939]
· 3 likes ·
If you're not going to be useful, sod off. - Stewie [1494547]
· 2 likes ·
I would agree with this. Once something changes in a Trade, a warning should come up stating this. I don't even think anything added updates live either? That would also be a nice change. The two confirmations are pointless if … - Chedburn [1] Admin
· 1 likes ·
I'm personally saying, on the screen where it matters (the accepting screen), it would have said 500 (and shown the value of the shares being significantly lower). What it showed before this screen is irrelevant - although perhaps I can …
a trade was set up for 500000 shares i put money in and accepted trade when i got trade it was only 500 shares but i did not get any warning that it had been altered the person who scammed was Jean-Grey- [2117076
Classic example of needing to read ^O^
If you're not going to be useful, sod off.
Excuse you? I’m saying that he just did not read the trade and is blaming a bug
But i did read the trade i am not a noob and it gave me no warning after i had put in the money and accepted it also she is now in fed i wonder why multis passing on money
I would agree with this.
Once something changes in a Trade, a warning should come up stating this. I don't even think anything added updates live either? That would also be a nice change. The two confirmations are pointless if you can't see any changes until you refresh.
I’m pretty sure it refreshed once you click confirm, so you can check the trade on the 5 second paage
I have never tried nor looked into this so it could be totally wrong...
But I've seen known scammers laughing / discussing before that if they are the ones who start the trade then during the 5 second countdown they are able to quickly remove items at one second left and still click accept and then the trade is done without the other person having any time to notice or cancel. They were basically telling a friend of theirs that the only way to make sure you're really safe is to be the one who started the trade. I had meant to test this as it sounded dodgy but I don't trade often and had completely forgotten until reading this. This was being discussed only a week ago so is not as old thing. I will see if I can test it now
Not sure how they are doing this, I can't see to replicate it. But if I find anything out I will update
Jean-Grey- tried this on with me yesterday. I mistook her for an old enemy of mine so I declined the offer. I was wrong about who she was, so it was pure fluke that I didn't go through with the trade!
based on you saying it doesnt update live
ill pass it to ched to see if that can be added
once you hit accept right enough trades cant be changed, so at least theres that
But that's the thing, they can't be changed (at least not negatively) once in the accepting process while viewing the trade for the 5 seconds immediately before clicking 'Accept'. So there wouldn't need to be any warning, because no incident when a warning would be required can happen.
If you're talking about when things in the trade are added / removed before clicking accept, it already shows in the trade log.
To confirm, when viewing this screen here where it asks you specifically to check the trade and even requires you to wait for a duration of time, there is no way to remove the stock block (or replace it with a different one). What you see here is what you'll receive.
[image: i.gyazo.com]
I'm sorry to say this, but you probably didn't read it correct in the first place. I've heard of multiple people they got scammed by that person. I even chatted him and they set a trade with 500 SYM shares.
I put in the money for 500 shares and they cancelled.
A faction mate also got scammed same way and someone even got double scammed in 1 hour :P While I do agree that the trade system is not flawless, i'm not sure how we can make this scam-safer with less steps in the way.
So what you are saying is I never seen 500 000 shares in the trade because if you are then you are wrong
I'm personally saying, on the screen where it matters (the accepting screen), it would have said 500 (and shown the value of the shares being significantly lower). What it showed before this screen is irrelevant - although perhaps I can highlight any removals in red in the trade log which may help?
I've made it so the trade log is visible while on the accepting screen. I've also set green and red colours to the trade logs so changes can be easily identified.
The trade log, nor does the items / etc that the person you are trading with adds updates until you refresh the Trade page. Is it possible to implement such behaviour? Perhaps even making it so that once the first person has accepted, the accept button for the second person will also automatically become available without refreshing?
ok I give in I know what I saw so I will leave it at that also for your info incase you did not know the scammer was also here before id number2074049 seems to be making a habit of it