Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Newb name change

Started by WaywardSon [2219704] on in Suggestions.

5 replies · 43 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
WaywardSon [2219704]

It costs 100 points to changed your name which makes sense for established players. As a new player, selecting a name is a bit random/haphazard and only after playing a little do you really get a feel of what you perhaps might like to be called. 100 points seems unreasonable for new players. Would it be possible to allow one free name change within say the first week? The alternative is the newb abandons their account and starts from scratch which I would argue is undesirable  
VioletStorm [2233317]

Bump

Yeah I think it would be nice if within the first week or two you get one free name change, though it should still cost if you try to take on the name of an inactive player.
Lord_Sunday [59423]

I agree. I think the one free name change within say 2 two weeks would be good. 

However I agree that the fee for an inactive name needs to stand.