Hi all, does anyone here play EVE Online? I've just gotten into it, looking for people to fly with.
About this thread
Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 14
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 7
- Authority score
- 9 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 43 / 100
- Engagement score
- 58 / 100
Hi all, does anyone here play EVE Online? I've just gotten into it, looking for people to fly with.
I’m just getting back into the fray myself, after a long long “sabbatical” ...new character and everything, especially after the last few changes... how well settled are you getting? I’m out of touch myself with everyone else I’ve used to play with, it’s been way way too long :(
Which server do you use?
I tried it years ago, but I found it a bit unfriendly for newbies. Too much stuff to learn about all at the same time...
I was too busy with other stuff to commit myself to that.
@Nazarick: I'm playing on the server Tranquility! It seems to be the only active server other than the test server atm, let me know if you'd like to squad up.
@Wollongong: The game is much better now, and much more newbie friendly. I'm enjoying a lot of what it has to offer and it isn't actually that complicated now. xD I can't speak for what it was like back then.
I might check it out when my current contract ends.
I used to play obsessively a few years ago and agree that Eve is a very mercenary game to play but found the pirate community very friendly. I've heard from friends that still play that the industrial side of the game has really taken off. Can you really set up planetary mining outposts and the like? That would be pretty cool to do. I always like the exploration side using cloaked ships and probes looking for hidden sites and such like.
You are able to set up moon mining facilities, which I was told was always a thing. There are plenty of refinery PoS's dedicated to processing player mined ores and the like, there's some really interesting content that I wanna discover.
I'm in the process of looking for a corp there, gonna see how it goes.
The game itself is great, there's quite a lot to do and it allows for a wide variety in play styles. I played for about ten years, but the community became so toxic that I didn't want to deal with it anymore. Sucked all the fun out of the game. Haven't touched it in years at this point.
I hope you have a better experience than I did!
I did indeed, for the time I was playing anyways. I stick to logging in during event periods now, hoard skins and then disappear again lol.
Hey, I'm playing Eve contact me in game Uber420
Use to play it a lot (ran 4 accounts with a friend that had 6) and there are multiple ways to play the game. You can do almost anything you want in the game, from hacking satalites, owning your own wormhole, mining moons, building ships and parts, logistics, mercenaries, faction warfare, etc. I could go on. The best part of this game, is that it is most likely the game closest to being a true sandbox as the markets are controlled by the players.
If you are looking to play this game, you can now also play for free. The game use to be 15 USD a month. So if you want to test it out, you can still level a character while going through the basics and learn the game without having to subscribe. Also, if you feel like you want to upgrade your account, they have an ingame item that will add 30 days of playtime for ingame currency. So once you stabilize your income, you can essentially play with an upgraded account for free.
If you are looking to play this game, you can now also play for free. The game use to be 15 USD a month. So if you want to test it out, you can still level a character while going through the basics and learn the game without having to subscribe. Also, if you feel like you want to upgrade your account, they have an ingame item that will add 30 days of playtime for ingame currency. So once you stabilize your income, you can essentially play with an upgraded account for free.
I know someone who used to be super into it but got tired of it being a time sink. I tried a free trial and liked it but didn't want the time sink either.
I didn't like the subscription fee and like you guys say, time sink... lol. I moved to Star Trek Online in January, much better pace and variety: going arcady for a change lol.
Ive just started playing also same name as on here if you ever want to fly!