Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Serial mugger issues

Started by theone3150 [1019116] on in Attacking.

4 replies · 140 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
theone3150 [1019116]

For the past few weeks I've been dealing with a serial mugger. Even when I transfer out my cash they are constantly keeping me hospitalized almost within minutes of me being taken out. I've been trying to get back into the game after years of being absent and being locked from the game is extremely frustrating. Is there anything that l can do to stop this/report this?
Runic [2040669]

If they are mugging you more than once in a 14-hour timeframe and the amount of money you have on hand grows, they won't be receiving the full amount they would be if they had waited for that timeframe to be over. It's called mug protection. I'm not great at explaining it, but this guide by Proxima called "Mugging and Protection Explained" does a great job if you're interested. https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16054187 

If you don't know where to store your money, this guide by Destroys, "Keeping Your $$$ Safe!" lists many very detailed ways to protect your money: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=15995211&b=0&a=0 

Did you piss someone off? I notice you have a networth of 37m. Whoever is mugging you isn't that smart, as they can't be getting much from you, and if they wanted to hurt you, hospitalising would make more sense.

There is nothing you can do to 'report' this, as it's part of the game and not against the rules. I recommend medding out just to train/travel if your med cooldown gets too high. Focus on training. They're wasting e by attacking you repeatedly. If this lasts long enough, depending on their stats, you might even stand a chance at becoming stronger than them. And ignoring your aggressors in this game often leads to them getting bored and moving onto the next person unless you did something to seriously provoke them.

Mentions: Keeping Your $$$ Safe! · Mugging and Protection 2.0 Explained

BORK [812471]

People mug inactive players who have a certain amount of money. Like Psycho said, if you just keep your money safe, and keep training/flying, you'll make progress. 

It is definitely part of the game, and it really only becomes enough to take you out of the game if a faction gangs up on you, or someone pays to have people bounty you. It's best to avoid that by just keeping your head low and progress. Also, join a faction.
theone3150 [1019116]

Honestly I don't know if i pissed someone off. I did have someone nonstop hospitalizing me for a while to net stats so i chain bountied him anonymously. I'm guessing he got the hint and I'm sure it's the same guy. But this is seriously toxic. Its mug until my cash is gone from protection then hospitalize chain.