I was flying to United Kingdom today and it said I only had 50secs until I landed but when I checked again the timer jumped up to 7mins
Time change while travel
Started by Layzie [2186800] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Authority score
- 48 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 31 / 100
- Engagement score
- 41 / 100
I was flying to United Kingdom today and it said I only had 50secs until I landed but when I checked again the timer jumped up to 7mins
Hello
In which browser and OS version the issue is reproduced?
Thanks
Mentions: Travel time adjusting at 0:00
Yes ,that seems to be the same issue. It happened in the android torn app.
When I started playing Torn, it seemed to me that the timer on the flying page was running of the local machine's internal clock. Regardless of what happened, the timer ran consistently.
Then I suspect a change was made a couple of years ago and the time appeared to be being stored server side (possibly because of coding issues around local time changes for daylight saving?). I saw the glitch reported here and raised a bug, but ultimately there was nothing to be done except to expect the timer to resync when the page refreshes.
Could you post any information that may be valuable to developers, in this thread please: http://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16047116&b=0&a=0
Mentions: Travel time adjusting at 0:00