Hi,
I logged out of the site when I saw the state of emergency for this DB. However, while logged out doctorn notified me that I had fallen ill from radiation posioning.
Is API usage seen as being online by the site/system?
If it does, is that the way it's intended to work?
To clarify, is your account/character flagged as online on every API request?
Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but couldn't find anything.
not sure if this is API related or doctorn, passing to Ched.
Thanks.
I would assume Doctorn only uses the API, as when I logged out it said I had been logged out of all devices.
So my only conclusion is that API requests is flagging the account as online, even when not actually online.
If this is intended we'll just have to remember to disable Doctorn as well when logging out, to stay properly "Offline".
I see you being online at the time:
[image: i.gyazo.com]So something is keeping you online at that time. I don't imagine Doctorn would be doing this- as technically that would be in breech of our rules. It's possible that a specific page you're idling on might be causing it, we'd need to somehow figure out what that page was.
Would an idling page keep me online even though I hit the logout button and the page said I was now logged out of all devices?
I'd imagine it'd have thrown all idling pages out as well when logging out, perhaps it doesn't?
I logged out just before the DB hit, but I can't remember if I had additional tabs open at the time.
I don't think so, no. But I suppose it might be possible somewhere. It was only for that short window though as shown above. It's possible that some kind of live-updating feature on one of Torn's pages is keeping you online, but since this was one-time for a short period I don't even know where to start.
I did try to logout just now and idling this thread page, I do see the countdowns for energy and nerve keep moving, would this possibly keep me online?
My expected "result" when logging out would be that all open pages would refresh and show a not logged in message, until logged in and refreshed again, technically forcing you offline when you hit the logout button.
Sorry I can't be of more help, my initial thought was the API request keeping me online as that was the most likely scenario I could think of.
That wouldn't keep you online. Keeping you online would require actual page views or something else. For example, at one time, viewing faction war boxes (while idling on the page) updated last actions (keeping players online). This is a little difficult for a player to determine however, I'll need to run some tests. Do you have any ideas what pages you might have left open?
I usually don't have too many torn pages open, I know I've had this open for a good while though:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=21&t=15963648&b=0&a=0I don't suppose your logs can tell which "action" was performed at the activity you showed?
The above page is the only one I can think of unfortunately.
Mentions:
TORN Racing FAQ - Baldr
I've enabled tracking on my account, I'll check this in a few days and leave some tabs open to see if I can locate something.
Much appreciated you taking the time.
I got the event of fallen ill at 2019/02/15 6:01:36 PM and I'm pretty sure I logged out around 2019/02/15 5:57 PM hoping to avoid radiation (as my understanding is it only affects online characters?).
Hope any of all this is any help. :)
Anyone online within 10 minutes of detonation has a chance of receiving that. I ran my test with logs, I checked over 20 main pages including faction war boxes / chain box and couldn't find anything. I'll just have to keep an eye out for any clues.