Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stock data wrong after stack?

Started by Biggles [1665757] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 38 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
37 / 100
Biggles [1665757]

I had a block of 100k WSSB shares that I've held for quite some time. It was down a significant amount, probably 40% or so. 

I bought another 900k tonight to make the block up to 1m, but to do so, needed to stack them. I got the message that the purchase date would reset, and indeed it set the date to the 17th of February as it should. But under the bought price it shows as $80.589 which wasn't the price when I bought either block, new block was at $74.25 when I bought the 900k tonight. This means it shows a down percentage of 7.9%, which is quite out.

What I'm thinking is that it shows an average purchase price and that the percentage down value is over all the shares combined and might actually be accurate. However if this is the case, it's not very intuitive.
Otter [1821671]

You are right. It combines the two blocks together and averages Out what the total % change is.

 

So if you have a block of 1m at 15$ up, and you buy 14more mil and stack, the two blocks will combine to 15m total shares and 1$ total up.

It's fairly intuitive in my opinion. Its a straight up ratio average of all the blocks restacked.
Biggles [1665757]

Ok, so the value itself isn't a bug in that case. But I do think it's an oversight that the warning only says the date would be reset, not any monetary values.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

So it seems like this isn't an issue. I don't think we need to clog up the warning with this information as it's not really relevant to the stock itself, it's only for informational purposes.