Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Karma issue?

Started by zinx_92 [1865081] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 50 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100

Most-liked replies

zinx_92 [1865081]

Hey, I've recently received a like from a comment on a forum a little earlier but noticed my Karma rating didn't increase. I'm currently on 29 and for the last few likes last month, it's been remaining on 29. 

Is it meant to do that or is it supposed to increase with each like?

Thanks for your time
Franky [1529693]

Some forum areas don't give karma even if you receive a rate, such as faction, company and graveyard forums. Also, some posts that aren't a certain number of characters or greater also don't increase karma
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

It's not the character count because you can receive karma on posts with single characters. If it's not to do with the specific forum as you mentioned it's to do with the rater themselves, perhaps they're very new or don't the forum often or something. Unsure exactly what the criteria was supposed to be but if a user hasn't been very active in the forums I believe their rates don't give or take karma.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

I think it's also time dependent. I have had a few R+ on posts from more than 3 months ago which didn't increase my karma. The original post itself had gained karma when the post was fresh.
zinx_92 [1865081]

Ah fair enough, I wasn't too sure whether it was implemented in the game or not. I remember about last month that I said something in the forums that increased my rating, then around a week later I made a post with 1 person disliking which brought me down to 29.

Since then, I've only done comments here and there, so I think you 3 are right, especially with time dependency since I don't do too much with forums as it is.
Grif [882958]

I don't recall ched changing it to allow single character posts to receive karma. Although he could have done it during the karma rating change, I just don't recall it ched has told me in the past that there is a minute character limit for karma

As for his karma the options you both suggest is most likely the cause 

Me rating him here works fine so I see no issue