Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Issues with slots

Started by Max_Cohen [512123] on in Bugs & Issues.

12 replies · 63 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
9
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

Max_Cohen [512123]

I was trying to do some slots spins today and I keep getting pushed to the "a spin is already in progress" even though I have only just started a spin. At one point when I went back to the page it refused to start a spin until I left and came back.

It's really irritating to keep getting sent to that page. (It has always happened occasionally even when it seemed like it shouldn't.) Is it possible to just not do that? But regardless it seems like today it is repeatedly doing it when it shouldn't.

I can't even tell what the outcome of my spin is. Do I just automatically lose every time this happens?
Grif [882958]

ill pass it to ched to double check

its possible you have clicked it to much or the system is lagging a little there
Max_Cohen [512123]

I don't think I was clicking too fast. I would click and then the spin would start and then it would push me to the error page without me clicking again. I've played slots enough that I mostly have the rhythm down and I've (mostly) not had issues in the past.

On occasion it would seem to do this even though I didn't think I was going too fast but yesterday it was particularly bad. Every few spins I would get the error page and it was really frustrating.

I'm sure there is a reason for this error page but it would be really nice if it could be done away with altogether.

Just for my own info do you know if that page is an automatic loss or does whatever outcome just happen sight-unseen?
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I don't really know how this is possible without you using scripts or multiple tabs to play the slots. You should be able to spam click it if you wanted to and you'd never see this error. You see the full animation right? I suppose it's possible you might be somehow making two requests at once.
Max_Cohen [512123]

Chedburn, that is what I've always thought. Sometimes I can click the button too early during a spin and nothing happens. Sometimes I get sent off to this error page. Yesterday it happened a lot, so I made this post.

Yesterday when the error was happening I would click the button and the animation would start. I would hear the *click* sound and then see the wheels start to spin. Then it would suddenly send me to the error page. It's always right at the beginning of the spin.

I only have 1 tab open with slots and I promise I'm not using any scripts.
Rum4nyby [1567187]

Ched this is a real issue. I’ve noticed that, in my experience, it happens at the start of spins, rather than in the middle of a spin. It happens to me a decent bit whenever I play slots. You should really check it.
QuittedTorn [2099489]

This happened to me too but because I was clicking too much ... but rarely does it happen for no reason.. I noticed it's common these days especially as the lotto builds.. My guess is a server lag.
av64 [2079113]

It's happened to me a lot recently, but the network has been slow and pages have taken a while to load.

I know it's about to happen when the wheels stop in a random order. Usually, they stop left to right, but they sometimes stop middle, right, left etc. When that happens, the next click always gets a "spin already in progress" warning. Can also happen when the wheels don't stop turning: only way to get past that is to navigate off the page and come back to the slots page to see what the result was.

It's irritating but not as much as a relatively-inactive player winning $17B!  [:smiley:]
Max_Cohen [512123]

Yeah, it is at the very start of the spin. I hear the click of the button push, the wheels just start spinning and then *bam* error page.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

This should never appear during normal / expected play. I can ask Pavel to check, perhaps the margins need to be reduced.
Max_Cohen [512123]

Hey Aurel1,

Today was a good day to test cause I got an extra 30 tokens from the wheels. [:smiley:]

It does seem much better. I did trigger the error page once but I was intentionally trying to start a new spin as fast as possible.

The rest of the time I played like I normally would and there were no issues at all.

Thanks for looking into this. Cheers!