At the moment, in order to leave a wall you must inconvenience yourself by self hosping, traveling, moving to another wall if available, or getting yourself thrown in jail. For war walls this isn't a problem as you'll want to stay on the wall as long as possible. However for friendly walls, people tend to stack up and don't go through the hassle of leaving, crowding the wall.
I propose a leave wall button as a quality of life improvement. This i think would make managing who is or isn't on a friendly wall, significantly easier.
+1 it's a pain having to RR off walls.
If you're using the wall for its intended purpose (to gain/defend a territory), this isn't an issue. It's only an issue for exploiting the wall system for respect farming/fake wars. If you're exploiting the system beyond its intended purpose, you shouldn't mind the slight inconvenience of having to travel/self-hosp. I disagree on the basis that this is a QOL point of discussion.
Imo if the only intended purpose of using a wall was for gaining/ defending a territory, then there would not be a reason to have the "NAP" option or this so called "exploit" would have already been removed altogether. Just imagine not being able to farm respect in the manner which is now the norm, the faction perks/upgrades many enjoy these days would still be a dream to be fulfilled as respect is the only means of paying for them. At the very least farming can be viewed as "chaining exercises" to keep members chain ready/fit or a friendly war where paint ball guns are used :)
I see the current respect farming method as a forward thinking creation by design rather than just an "exploit". TC is ever evolving ;)
I to think there should be a button or option to jump off the wall since there is an option to jump on. Seems logical to me ?
I'd have to agree... it sounded like it was a well established practice when I joined. Richie-Blaze makes a good point in that if it was exploitative, the devs would have taken some manner of action by this point. I can even see a use for it on war walls, with lower stat players giving slots up for higher stat players without having to take a hit. Leads to a little more strategic depth I think.
R+
totally agree.
"training" walls/friendly wars are a great way to teach younger players how they work, and keep the old boys on their toes lol
R+
I always thought it was weird I couldn’t hop walls without self hosping.
I would go a step further and give faction leaders the ability to kick their team members off of the wall to make room for others.
Has been suggested before.
In current design if someone wants to attack the wall, they have to get exposed. While having a Leave button might help in 'friendly walls' (in real wars too in some cases), it will create a dodgy mechanic that can be abused. By having the ability to attack and easily remove yourself from wall, you can:
- deny possible respect to the opposing faction - you stealth attack and remove yourself from wall, you gain full fair fight... they gain regular fair fight respect + retal, only if they can figure out who to hit
- if a member is close to max med cd, they can stealth attack wall with impunity, since they can instantly remove themselves and not go under the crossfires
There's probably more, just these few are pretty obvious
Makes sense. Could be sorted with an option to enable the button in such a fashion that both sides must agree to it. have it be a treaty or something.