Why am I always sent to jail for the Vaughan Astral Or Pontiac firebird. I never get sent to jail for other cars but these cars seem to have 100% chance of going to jail?
Jail
Started by I3omb [1967489] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 5
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Authority score
- 42 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 26 / 100
- Engagement score
- 44 / 100
Why am I always sent to jail for the Vaughan Astral Or Pontiac firebird. I never get sent to jail for other cars but these cars seem to have 100% chance of going to jail?
Maybe Chedburn just doesn't like you
He'd probably like you more if you posted this in Q&A
Hey, thanks for your question!
As far as I know, the way that the crime system is set up (for now, crimes 2.0 is in the works), there are specific crimes with higher chances of different outcomes than other crimes, even within the same crime type. It may be as such that you simply are choosing the "riskier" crimes.
On the other hand, the likelihood is, that you do not have the crime experience, nor the perks & enhancers to do the specific crimes you want to do. In the case of GTA crimes, a coat hanger is a useful acquisition if you are trying to do it a lot.
My advice is, try a different set of crimes at a similar nerve cost, probably best to go down one band, and stick there if you are getting a lot of fails at this nerve cost.
Check the guides, I am 100% sure there is a guide to getting 60 NNB, and it will tell you the crimes with the highest success rate/lowest failure rate.
Do not keep failing crimes, because you will find your nerve bar shot to pieces. Getting a neutral (blue) response is fine, but avoid reds.
Moved to Q&A.
The safest GTA crime to do is "Steal a parked car" but there are a lot of blue results (which fortunately don't affect your crime XP).
If your goal is to get your crime XP as high as possible, I'd strongly recommend reading through this fantastic guide:
Nash's Guide to Nerve Bar
Mentions: Nash's Guide to Nerve Bar (Revived)