Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

The Support Foundation

Started by checkmate [2156953] on in General Discussion.

48 replies · 847 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Thrie [148961] Moderator Official

i'll bite sign me up.  Not that i'm doing much of anything else these days.  I can help with a discord if you want. 

 
checkmate [2156953]

Changing the world won't happen by moaning on a forum post. And anyhow - "the world" is subjective, for me, putting a smile on someone's face & brightening their day is changing the world. It changes their world, even if momentarily, and it can put a little bit of light in what may be a dark world. 

I'm disappointed by your complacency and condescension to be honest, having read your post on depression, I thought you would be respectful enough, or open minded enough to at least give a polite passing nod to something that is an attempt to brighten someone who may be in a similar situation to where you have been. 

Closing note - respect for speaking out about your mental health, but that's not an excuse to be an arsehole, especially when all I'm trying to do is help. 

Many thanks.
checkmate [2156953]

If you're for real :) all help is appreciated, I need help to build the name of this, coz nobody is going to come to get help from  a foundation they don't know of :)
Beerstein [1322136]

What training do you have in dealing with these real life situations? What sort of liability are you asking of others? What vetting process do you have in place to prevent onboarding people that might cause mental harm or damage to others? How many people is your legal team willing to take on here?
checkmate [2156953]

I don't have any training, I'm a 17 year old kid. However, as mentioned to Sweeney, this isn't about fixing a situation, so much as offering a shoulder to lean on, or somewhere to let things out. The intention is to bring light to people's lives, I am not trained at all. Anyways, KarmaCop has all the training in this field, I went to him for a reason.