Following on from todays patch (#83) Ched has implemented an account closure system. (Thread here:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=1&t=16085454&b=0&a=0)
Within the announcement Chedburn mentions that you are able to close your account, however, a recovery key is provided if you do this so that you are then able to regain access to it.
"
A recovery key is provided when the account is deleted, this means even a deleted account can still be restored in the future if the owner wishes."
Does this mean that players are now able to own more than one account, as long as only one is active at any given time and they go through the account closure procedure?
"
Users wishing to restart for whatever reason, would need to fully complete the deletion process on their account before creating a new one. As long as they only have a single non-deleted account at any one time, that is fine."
So theoretically, a player can stock benefit blocks on each account and rotate amongst them and reap the rewards?
What is in place to stop this system being abused?
Is this allowed?
Mentions:
Account closure system
From my understanding you have to wait for existing acc to delete before being able to start another. So only 1 acc at one time. Unless there's some delete/recover function I'm not aware of
TMB always seeking to play WITHIN the rules and fairly
I HAVE NOW BEEN INFORMED OF THE NEW SYSTEM UPDATE. SOUNDS LIKE A V SLICK PROCEDURE. NICE ONE CHED
Peace
That's what I gathered, so as long as I go through the 14 day period on each account, I can then recover the other? (I'm not saying any one would) but theoretically you can now play two accounts?
EDIT: DIDNT EVEN KNOW RECOVERY WAS AN OPTION. ABSOLUTE CHAOS
Peace
Sounds like it, and it doesn't say what happens to your items, so THEORETICALLY I could stack 100 accounts with stock benefit blocks and rotate account every 2 weeks
To assume makes an ass out of u and me.
"A recovery key is provided when the account is deleted, this means even a deleted account can still be restored in the future if the owner wishes."
Says you get a recovery code you can use to recover your account
Alright numbskull I'm on the straight and narrow and don't look into all this recovery loophole shit
Peace
You're so stupid, you'd have to wait till your existing account is deleted to make another and play on it. So technically that's not playing with two/multiple accounts and you'd be even more stupid to keep recovering the accounts just so you can ''play on all the accounts''.
Looks like federal jail removed your brain cells, grave this.
Not really, you're missing the point.
You can recover an account when deleted, so if you loaded the accounts up with benefit blocks (as the account stays in the system) you'd delete each account, as long as you only have one non deleted account each time. Obviously waiting the 14 dyas each time.
Perhaps the concept is a little advanced for your thick skull.
YOU MUGGED THELUVLILLYPINK AND STOLE $33,833
Thanx for contribushun.
As am I.
I saw the light in federal jail, no more cheating from me, under the guidance of TMB I will be clean. Would like clarification on what's been asked in the OP, however. @bogie
Oh god.
How do you function day to day being such a cold blooded lizard?
Try transferring items or stocks between your own accounts, see how that works out for you.
I get that, but technically if you look at it you're still playing with one account at A TIME. Yes, you can delete and recover accounts but you'd still be playing with one account at a time even if the deleted accounts are still in the system.
Plus, only a loser like you would keep doing that. I'd say let's play poker 1v1 again but you've got no money.
Are you sure you wish to place 10 bounties of $1,000,000 on Cartman [1621675] with the reason: For being dumb?
THANK YOU, WE HAVE PLACED YOUR BOUNTIES.
Mentions:
Cartman [1621675]
They will not give permission to recover many times.
They like " oh you again,nope! "
Then you're still missing the concept.
It's not playing each account, it's having the ability to own more than one account and cycle through them at will.
HD0G attacked you but lost [
view] 2019/02/26 5:07:01 PM
Mentions:
HD0G [2005521]
LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF RECOVERIES, CHED.
This puppy only has 9 lives, sorta thing
Peace
you would transfer them to a faction member and then when the account goes back up transfer them back. Not that hard.
I'd like to see you try that and do let me know how it all works for you :)
Don't worry, I've got loads of money for your bounties so I can keep going.
Assuming you close and delete the accounts immediately after recovering them, 100 accounts will require 200 weeks to log into each account once. There are 52 weeks in a year so it'll take 4 years to log into 100 accounts.
I have no intention in trying, I just want the clarification as the announcement is ambiguous in it's description.
Keep them coming, as we all now, financial cripple at present can't afford the defends myself.
ForrestGump attacked you but lost [
view] 2019/02/26 5:09:59 PM
Mentions:
ForrestGump [993345]