Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Parcel Roulette

Started by B_RAD [2197684] on in Fun & Games.

8 replies · 77 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100

Most-liked replies

B_RAD [2197684]

Alright, I got really really REALLY ****ing bored and I stuffed some junk into some boxes, I don't even know what's what now. You know, the random odds and ends that everyone has lying around, right?   Cars,  the odd fruit cake or two, not to mention that old crusty porn stash from last year that got really really REALLY used. Might wanna disinfect that if anyone ends up opening that package guys, just saying. Anywho, I'm a bit of a betting girl soooo, we're gonna mix and match.   Two parcels are bogus prizes with some food that Duke sent me for Christmas, I mean, come on....who really eats fruitcake huh? So I'm passing on those.  There's some keys in another package to four cars that I heis......er that I acquired through legitimate methods.   Last but not least are the fun prizes which is the porn stash which is spread over a couple of packages.  Now, how this gets high stakes is, I'm gonna add a sixth package which is rigged for some 'fireworks' lets say. Participants need to pay a buy-in of 5 mil for the package, which will be chosen via the number they send along with their charitable contributions to furnish my glamorous lifestyle....I mean fund future games.  Now, if ya'll folks don't start betting I might just start sending party poppers willy nilly just to attract a little hay fever. A dame's gotta live.  
Christ [1915488]

Plez, use paragraphs. It helps me red.

Lol, good concept, but 5m is a bit high? Mebbe if you dropped it down to 1m if you consider the prize value?
B_RAD [2197684]

problem with that is if I did a 1m buy in I'd be losing out. Between the five parcels, there is 15m in porn alone (Hey, don't judge a girl) and the cars probably another 300k. If I did 1m each, that'd cover the cost of one dvd and game over. If I'm gonna keep this game going, I gotta be able to afford future prizes. 
ShiroeGM [2239042]

If you're going to attempt to make money off the buy in the trick would to be to make the prize pool larger and have 1 large prize and a ton of smaller prizes. That way people don't mind spending a bit more that what the smaller prize is because they don't feel like they're losing that much and you still make money. The trick is they way people conceive the risk of loss versus the risk of gain. If they only risk 50 bucks but they have a narrowly small chance of winning a million, plenty will try it. (This is why lottery tickets irl work very well)
B_RAD [2197684]

Well.....since I can't buy lotto tickets I didn't know that. Alright, I'll return in a few days and try to revamp the rules and the buy in prize. Shiroe, when I'm not busy maybe you I can figure something out. Basically what I had in mind was a game of high stakes parcel roulette with the bomb, but in order for me to keep it going I would HAVE to fund it or go on donations or just whenever I could afford it.