Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hello!How to....

Started by IonutGabriel [2176983] on in Questions & Answers.

15 replies · 315 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
41
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Dex [1573075] ×1 Sub [2046131] ×1

IonutGabriel [2176983]
Hi guys!i have some questions but first i need to tell you why i have thoose questions.
So im a blind person and i play this game using an screen reader called NVDA.I can play this game fine.
So i want to join in a company but is there a way to check if that company have some spots left?I mean if there are 9/10 employers.
I know how its sounds but my screen reader dont tell me if there are spots left in that company.I dont want to apply for a job wait 5-6 hours and then i receive a message from the director saying this company is full.
I want to join a SweetShop company but i want from 8 stars company up.I read on other threads that a beginner if he/she has luck they can join even a 7 star company and im not really a beginner.
Thanks and sorry for my bad english!
Jonicorn [2173172]
I'm not sure how you navigate, but if you approach the owner of the companies you are interested in working for, i'm sure they will tell you if they have space or not. 
Let them know that you're unable to determine if they have space. Expect some to ignore you but I think the majority will at least let you know.
Alternatively you can make a post in the section called company recruitment. Post what you're looking for and what your stats are and they will then approach you if theyre looking to recruit.
Hope this helps.
Dagrims [2007550]
A fair amount of companies hiring actually have something to that effect in their name. For example, the top-rated sweet shop is named Rocking Energy-Hiring.
Brenn [1979397]
I'm traveling, so I can't access the Companies info right now. I'll update this post once I'm back with better information. For now, a few things:

1. Some companies will put that they're hiring next to the company name or somewhere in the company description.

2. If you go to the city map and go to the Visitors Center there, it takes you to the Torn Wiki, which has information about companies. It should say how many employees a company can have, and then you'd just count the number of employees listed to find out whether the company is full or not.

3. I know you said you want a sweet shop, but my company, the clothing store Red Threads, is hiring and my director is actively looking for someone to fill his last opening.
Brenn [1979397]
Okay, what I wanted to look up: If you go to Job Listings in the newspaper, then to the type of company you want, it will list all companies of that type. Each company has a star rating. The Wiki should tell you how many employees a company can have, I think based on its star rating. You can view the list of employees for each company and just count if there are the max number that company can have. So if a company can have 12 employees and you count 11, there's an opening.

Applying isn't always quick. I tried for a few weeks to get into several companies and only one director even bothered to reply, and that was to reject me. You might have to wait a day (to give a director time to get online) and then move on if they don't reply.
RandomCC [2219650]
I will also add that the Hiring on the end of a company name is often more important than how many employees they have. Often directors will keep people who they want to fire until they find a replacement. So I would message the director and see if they invite you to apply because you can only apply to one company at a time.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
The word Hiring in the name is what I recommend you go by.  Plus, whether it says that or not, I think best practice is to message the director first, and only submit an application once he has told you that he will hire you.

You can list all the companies of the type you want to join, sweet shops for instance, and send multiple messages at once.  Even if many directors decide not to hire you, it increases the chance that one will say Yes.

You can write a msg to one director asking for a job.  You should include your stats.  You should probably ask how they handle trains.

Then you can copy-paste that msg and send it to ever director who shows "hiring" in the company name.

As for being blind, I've always been impressed that people can do that.  You are not the only one.  There used to be a thread or two, I think in the Tutorials section, about playing while blind, and I can't find those.  It's been a long time and maybe they aren't around any more.

While trying to find those, I did find another player who is blind, you may wish to contact him.

https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=1573075#/

I haven't given up on those tutorials about blind players.  I will keep looking and if I find them I will post here again. And perhaps PM you to make sure you "see" that info.

Mentions: Dex [1573075]

Baldr [1847600] Reporter
Ah.

This is what I was remembering.  It may not help, but it sort of implies there is more.  This is the only one I remember but it says near the beginning : 

"This thread/series of threads is set up to provide one link access to specific posts created and posted for the benefit of a blind player."

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=16009055&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=17821820

The player who created that thread is Sub.  And he is active, so perhaps he can help.

https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=2046131#/

Mentions: Sub [2046131] · BlindWizard Support =Clickable leveling targets

Sub [2046131]
Hi 
IonutGabriel,


Baldr is a great resource as usual.

My friend that I did this for is 18 days inactive unfortunately.

Keep asking for things, Ched knows we have blind players and will adjust things for them as well. 

Contact me anytime and maybe find a faction so you have people to help you out. 

I friended you, drop me a line..
IonutGabriel [2176983]
First i want to thank all of you.When i asked this question i didnt expect so many people to respond.
I friended the guy that is blind.
I like that there are other people like me.I will check thoose threads for blind people but at the moment i think that i can play this game fine.
I mean i can do almost everything.The only thing that i cant do its play in casino but i dont need that so its good.
Thanks again to everyone!
Jarvik [1917084]
Speaking as someone who has lost a great deal of money in the casino, consider it a positive that you can't play there. :)