I was told today that private chats can be read by staff/admins. Is this true?
Chats
Started by Shandra [331146] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 12
- Likes on archived posts
- 48
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 67 / 100
- Historical score
- 32 / 100
- Story score
- 39 / 100
- Engagement score
- 65 / 100
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 14 likes ·
I get notified when chats logs are accessed as it's all noted and recorded each time a staff member does this, they must also provide justification which also gets noted each time these are accessed. Staff don't just go freely … - ChaosReigns [2169241]
· 9 likes ·
Breaking News: In Bogie's backyard, piles of logs can be found waiting to be processed. [image: ak7.picdn.net] - Michi [1922819]
· 5 likes ·
*waits for a Stretch joke*
Yes. When reported or under suspicion.
Everything in the game has logs, so theoretically yes, but they're not sitting there reading the chats as they're happening if that's what you're really asking.
*waits for a Stretch joke*
"red faced" I hope they are open minded lol almost 13 yrs in the game and I am just finding out about this.. holy!
This is Torn. I doubt they're prissy, and they have no room to judge you. But unless someone reports you for harassment or breaking a rule, I doubt they'll ever look at your private messages.
It's completely up to you what to write in private chats, but unless you are breaking the rules somehow, I don't think the mods will mind
I get notified when chats logs are accessed as it's all noted and recorded each time a staff member does this, they must also provide justification which also gets noted each time these are accessed.
Staff don't just go freely looking through chat logs, they can only be accessed if there is a report.
If you have any concerns then feel free to message me and we can talk about those and hopefully I can put your mind at ease.
Helpers have no chat log access, moderators can check room logs on a report (global/new player chat) but cannot view private messages at all and officers/admins can access player logs as required through reports, either a player report or a chat report.
Message logs work in the same way with the only difference being that moderators can view reported conversations but only reported conversations.
As others have mentioned, we have no reason to look through your private messages and it doesn't appear that your messages have ever been accessed in your entire game time here.
Staff don't just go freely looking through chat logs, they can only be accessed if there is a report.
If you have any concerns then feel free to message me and we can talk about those and hopefully I can put your mind at ease.
Helpers have no chat log access, moderators can check room logs on a report (global/new player chat) but cannot view private messages at all and officers/admins can access player logs as required through reports, either a player report or a chat report.
Message logs work in the same way with the only difference being that moderators can view reported conversations but only reported conversations.
As others have mentioned, we have no reason to look through your private messages and it doesn't appear that your messages have ever been accessed in your entire game time here.
Did you worry because you send dick picks?
Now I am curious....
*waits for someone to report op's chat just so it can be accessed*
Seriously though why would anyone worry if their logs are read or not, if they have nothing to hide.
Never post anything on the internet that you wouldn't write on the back of a postcard.
Seriously though why would anyone worry if their logs are read or not, if they have nothing to hide.
Never post anything on the internet that you wouldn't write on the back of a postcard.
13 years of every chat log for everyone that ever played Torn and everything is still kept?
Must be a massive amount of logs!
Must be a massive amount of logs!
Breaking News: In Bogie's backyard, piles of logs can be found waiting to be processed.
[image: ak7.picdn.net]
[image: ak7.picdn.net]
lol I have nothing to hide lol I was just curious... I'm not lily white..
Thank you for explaining it Bogey.
Thank you for explaining it Bogey.
How do you make a thread ?
Thats pretty punny, Im Going to LOG off