Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

delete please

Started by The_Gorilla [2156388] on in Tutorials & Guides.

121 replies · 4.44k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 122 / 122 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Kalish [1391722]
Got it after only a week or so! Hopefully my data can help you guys figure stuff out. 

My networth is about 3.5-3.6b and has been stable there for a month or so. I have $110m in credit with Duke, that's the max loan I can take. Exactly a week ago today I took out a 10m loan and stuck it straight in my vault. I didn't pay any of the fees at all, just took the loan and ran with it, effectively. Today I got an event:

Your loan fees have increased by $250,000 to a total of $500,000. You can pay them by visiting the loanshark. 2019/03/22 7:44:37 PM

And it seems I got the honor simultaneously:
[image: i.imgur.com]

My networth did not significantly change during this time:
[image: i.imgur.com]

I hope this data can help others figure out what exactly is needed for the merit. Like many of you, I had tried several times to get it by getting max loans, getting small loans and paying the interest week after week, etc. Finally got it by just not paying the fees, it seems.
Kalish [1391722]
I had it around 60m max loan and when I worked at a TV station I got the increased Duke loan result from the 10* special a number of times, I think that's what brought it to 110m total.
The_Gorilla [2156388]
Don't pay him!
Wait for him to send you a message before paying, if you get a message you can post it here and i will confirm its the correct message or not
DaDood [2204689]
5% of a $10m loan is $500,000

Based upon this, it could be the merit triggers when paying 5% of the loan amount in total or at once. Owing 5% may also be the trigger for Duke to contact you with a reminder. 

Thus, it may be possible to pay on time and increase amount borrowed, your loan can keep growing, so it takes longer to reach 5% - while the 'pay nothing until Duke contacts you' approach also works but much faster.