I usually use my PC to play. I am going on vacation in May for 2 weeks and June for 2 weeks. Can I use my mobile phone to play? I don't want to get in trouble like being considered a multi or something. Thanks!
Vacation
Started by Arauna [1639263] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 25 / 100
- Engagement score
- 45 / 100
Yep there is even an app
As long as you've only got 1 account used on your phone (the same one on the pc) and not any others feeding to said account. You should be fine :) just make sure you log in a couple times on your phone in your house to show they are at the same IP too. Just for extra security :)
I use 3 different devices, never had a problem.
This won't actually work unless your phone is connected to an in-house wifi network, otherwise it will just read as your cellular data IP (and even if you did connect to your in-house network I doubt they're monitoring MAC addresses so it would appear as a different device when you went on vacation anyways).
That being said, using multiple devices isn't an issue whatsoever. As long as you're not taking actions that clearly portray you as two different people (drastically different personality and speech from day to day) which would look like account sharing, and you're not using more than one account on the device which would look like multis, you'll be 100% fine.
It sounds like your concern is more about account sharing than it is multis, since in order to appear as a multi there would have to be an account which you seem to be a multi of. In the case of account sharing, just ensure that you don't do it and you'll be fine. This honestly seems to be a lesser issue in the eyes of Ched, etc (although I'm sure it still is one and it is against ToS), and given the number of people who use numerous different devices to connect there's no way they could police it to the level you're concerned about. As long you're not taking simultaneous actions from devices on different IPs you should be 100% fine, and even then I've never had any issues while doing so (sometimes I'll be watching a war on my laptop while using my phone to browse the forums, etc).
That being said, using multiple devices isn't an issue whatsoever. As long as you're not taking actions that clearly portray you as two different people (drastically different personality and speech from day to day) which would look like account sharing, and you're not using more than one account on the device which would look like multis, you'll be 100% fine.
It sounds like your concern is more about account sharing than it is multis, since in order to appear as a multi there would have to be an account which you seem to be a multi of. In the case of account sharing, just ensure that you don't do it and you'll be fine. This honestly seems to be a lesser issue in the eyes of Ched, etc (although I'm sure it still is one and it is against ToS), and given the number of people who use numerous different devices to connect there's no way they could police it to the level you're concerned about. As long you're not taking simultaneous actions from devices on different IPs you should be 100% fine, and even then I've never had any issues while doing so (sometimes I'll be watching a war on my laptop while using my phone to browse the forums, etc).
I frequently even use my phone and my laptop at the same time! No worries man. Enjoy your vacation while you are there, don't get too engrossed in your phone and not have enough fun. :)
Google Play Store and Apple App Store both have an official Torn app now.
Google Play Store and Apple App Store both have an official Torn app now.