Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Attack race condition

Started by jozsi [2256917] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 31 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
36 / 100
jozsi [2256917]
1. I have attacked a target (wilash)
2. I hit him
3. He hit back
4. a message appeared that he is unconscious
5. the message changed saying the target is in hospital and cannot be attacked
6. I lost 25 energy, gained no experience
7. it appeared as a solo attack
[image: i.imgur.com]
8. I went to the targets profile and it says he got hospitalized by someone else
[image: i.imgur.com]

I was expecting that in such cases it would be a dual attack. Was the above scenario possible or a race condition bug?
jozsi [2256917]
Well, the UI didn't update to reflect that (see my screenshot). Indeed, in the latest attacks it does appear as a group attack.
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff
Current polling updates are not always able to reflect the log state correctly at this stage of the fight. This is already planned as one of the upgrades.