R+
Profession Specific Property
Started by Shaon [1862221] on in Suggestions.
Posts archived: 109 / 109 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Bump! Almost to 100+
Really hope Ched doesn't dismiss this offhand, I think it would be a good addition, and TBH properties are kind of lacking atm anyway.
Thereare basically only two properties in game:
Private Island
Not a Private Island
I'd love to see viable alternatives made, and this seems like an excellent way to go about that. Also it would make being a certain play style more rewarding.
Really hope Ched doesn't dismiss this offhand, I think it would be a good addition, and TBH properties are kind of lacking atm anyway.
Thereare basically only two properties in game:
Private Island
Not a Private Island
I'd love to see viable alternatives made, and this seems like an excellent way to go about that. Also it would make being a certain play style more rewarding.
For the record, if you see this Ched, I think this setup is the best by far. (A slight tweak of the original idea)
Where are you Ched?
Gotta post in Bugs & Issues (directions here)
Post bug report! :D
Creative! But I'm not very interested in diluting the properties with things that sound fun but actually pretty random.
For example...
Commercial carrier - I've just never heard of this being done in real life.
Fortified castle - We already have a castle, a Fortified Castle would still be a castle. Just sounds a bit odd to me using a descriptive word before the name of a property to create a new property. If "Fortified Castle" was well known and something that was actually a thing that existed (Like Beach house, Detached house, Semi-detached house e.t.c) that would be fine.
Personal chamber - Inconsistent name with the other property types I believe.
Safe house - That isn't a type of property, it's a word given to indicate that a property is hidden / secret.
Corporate Head office - Again it's not a type of property. You could have a shack that was a corporate head office.
Not to mention all of the suggested specials have already been done in other areas or are nonsensical / highly imbalanced / impractical.
If you need more reasons:
We'd have to realistically price them, to the point where every player would have one of each pretty much instantly. They'd either not be worth it and they'd stick to their Private Islands, or they'd be good and override the need / ambition to spend money on a Private Island. It would then feel like a chore (once the charm wore off) to constantly change between various properties to maximise the bonus for whatever task the user wanted to complete at the time.
Basically with a little bit of thought, it all falls apart resulting in an inferior gameplay experience.
It reminds me of old copycat sites which quickly added things like 'Super big private island', Super dooper big private island', 'Space station' and 'Moon base'.
But thank you for the suggestion.
For example...
Commercial carrier - I've just never heard of this being done in real life.
Fortified castle - We already have a castle, a Fortified Castle would still be a castle. Just sounds a bit odd to me using a descriptive word before the name of a property to create a new property. If "Fortified Castle" was well known and something that was actually a thing that existed (Like Beach house, Detached house, Semi-detached house e.t.c) that would be fine.
Personal chamber - Inconsistent name with the other property types I believe.
Safe house - That isn't a type of property, it's a word given to indicate that a property is hidden / secret.
Corporate Head office - Again it's not a type of property. You could have a shack that was a corporate head office.
Not to mention all of the suggested specials have already been done in other areas or are nonsensical / highly imbalanced / impractical.
If you need more reasons:
We'd have to realistically price them, to the point where every player would have one of each pretty much instantly. They'd either not be worth it and they'd stick to their Private Islands, or they'd be good and override the need / ambition to spend money on a Private Island. It would then feel like a chore (once the charm wore off) to constantly change between various properties to maximise the bonus for whatever task the user wanted to complete at the time.
Basically with a little bit of thought, it all falls apart resulting in an inferior gameplay experience.
It reminds me of old copycat sites which quickly added things like 'Super big private island', Super dooper big private island', 'Space station' and 'Moon base'.
But thank you for the suggestion.
Oof, that's the first time I've seen Ched give a hard no
He basically just dosnt like the idea of more properties. Cause the explanation he has given was vague. For instance,
Commercial carrier - I've just never heard of this being done in real life.
Yes Commercial carriers dont exist in real life but so does the devil's pitchfork. If you had tried to make Torn 100% realistic then Wielding Helmets should have never become better than combat helmets and so on. So please be straight and just say **** it, I dont like ur idea :p
Commercial carrier - I've just never heard of this being done in real life.
Yes Commercial carriers dont exist in real life but so does the devil's pitchfork. If you had tried to make Torn 100% realistic then Wielding Helmets should have never become better than combat helmets and so on. So please be straight and just say **** it, I dont like ur idea :p