I was reading the human body has many different bacterias in every organ i think in the future they will be able to use these bacterias for healing maybe we are just vehicles for these bacterias i think it was a few grams worth in the body but was an interesting read
About this thread
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 10
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 7
- Authority score
- 8 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 54 / 100
I was reading the human body has many different bacterias in every organ i think in the future they will be able to use these bacterias for healing maybe we are just vehicles for these bacterias i think it was a few grams worth in the body but was an interesting read
The power to heal is the power to kill, and most of the bacteria in the body are far better evolved for the latter purpose. I'm also pretty sure this is being done now, but not by nice people.
About 0.2kg but more than half the cells in your body are likely bacteria: Revised Estimates for the Number of Human and Bacteria Cells in the Body
It has already been used in medicine:
Fecal microbiota transplantation: in perspective
Keep in mind that "half the cells" means by number, and human cells (with our DNA) are MUCH larger than a single bacteria.
Indeed, thats why its only around 0.2kg for an average 70kg male.
Be nice if some thumbed up my post thanks for responding with posts to back up my claim i rrad about it in national geographic perhaps they even help with the natural beating of our hearts
I also bacteria lover.
Lactobacillus is a bacterium and also a medicine given to replenish bacterial load of intestine after antibacterial therapy dur to any reason.
I am medical student
This is just what I have in mind I don't have links or proofðŸ˜
I am medical student
This is just what I have in mind I don't have links or proofðŸ˜
not in every organ though...bacteria in the peritoneum, that sounds painful...and unhealthy
I read that much of "us" is not "us". The human body is made up of water, and other foreign bodies.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-43674270https://www.bbc.com/news/health-43674270
"Human cells make up only 43% of the body's total cell count. The rest are microscopic colonists.
Understanding this hidden half of ourselves - our microbiome - is rapidly transforming understanding of diseases from allergy to Parkinson's.
The field is even asking questions of what it means to be "human" and is leading to new innovative treatments as a result.
Human cells make up only 43% of the body's total cell count. The rest are microscopic colonists.
Understanding this hidden half of ourselves - our microbiome - is rapidly transforming understanding of diseases from allergy to Parkinson's.
The field is even asking questions of what it means to be "human" and is leading to new innovative treatments as a result."
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-43674270https://www.bbc.com/news/health-43674270
"Human cells make up only 43% of the body's total cell count. The rest are microscopic colonists.
Understanding this hidden half of ourselves - our microbiome - is rapidly transforming understanding of diseases from allergy to Parkinson's.
The field is even asking questions of what it means to be "human" and is leading to new innovative treatments as a result.
Human cells make up only 43% of the body's total cell count. The rest are microscopic colonists.
Understanding this hidden half of ourselves - our microbiome - is rapidly transforming understanding of diseases from allergy to Parkinson's.
The field is even asking questions of what it means to be "human" and is leading to new innovative treatments as a result."