Wouldn't it be great to be able to get your older attack logs, I know I would be very happy to be able to see my attack logs from more than 10 attacks ago, for example I might want to see if I did one shot my target or not. But since the attack log link is only available from the chain log in the faction page (and from your events if you got attacked), these log links are gone quite quickly and lost forever. Since the API is quite scalable, I would like to request for these log links to be put in attacks API also, this way I can at least store the links somewhere safe automatically and come back to find them when needed later.
[Function Request] Attack Log Link in Attacks API
Started by tonyuh [2093883] on in API Development.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 18
- Authority score
- 53 / 100
- Historical score
- 29 / 100
- Story score
- 44 / 100
- Engagement score
- 58 / 100
agreed, would be nice to have the log id in the API
Yeah it's nice to go through the old ones sometimes.
upvoted.
You could retrieve all the attack logs for your faction and filter it for your logs. I use this to store best respect attacks for every member in my faction some people have hundreds of attacks stored so far.
That also means you end asking for lots more data than what you need.
Meaning more bandwidth stress.
Meaning more bandwidth stress.
I think I mis read your original proposal, I just retrieve the attack event with respect gained if it was stealth etc not the log of each fight. So yeah I agree that would be a lot of data and bandwidth.
I only wanted for the API to include the link, to go into each link and collect those data is overkill for me. But access to attack log (link) will be handy when trying to analyse the attacker (particularly useful when the attack made was stealth so you need to know the weapon used etc.)
Yeah, not denying the value of it for sure!
I support having the URL in there so one could always use it if needed/wanted.
I support having the URL in there so one could always use it if needed/wanted.
upvote
Mentions: Patch list #131 : 03/03/2020