6 replies · 188 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
13
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
47 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
Most-liked replies
Proxima[1879587]Wiki Editor
· 5 likes · While I agree there should be minimum hits between factions or the raid is ended, I think raiding needs several other changes to complement this. I didn't fully appreciate it when carenza made his ranting threads a few months ago, …
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 4 likes · This rare case is known, I believe we'll need a simple time-out system whereby if there are no attacks between the two factions within 72 hours, the raid is ended. I'll need to discuss with Sergey.
Kopites[1701371]Admin
· 1 likes · Fixed and forgot to close. There was added a script which closes inactive raids.
Posted this earlier in Q&A, but someone suggested should post as a possible bug as well.
We were being raided by a single fella with stats far too high for any of our faction members to do anything about, but he's been fedded for multiple account abuse. Meaning there is no valid target (I was intending to get a guest/merc to come in and whittle it away so we could end the raid, but that can't be done without a target).
Seems like the game mechanics involving raids are a bit broken in the first place. This guy raided us with one faction on Sunday. We were able to win and cease the raid on Tuesday. Then, he left that faction and started a new faction and was able to resume raiding against us via the new faction. Though, of course, without the other low-level folks he had in his first/main faction, we had very little option available. It seems like it is really inadvertently catered to benefit small factions with big guns, since they will have far more targets to choose from and make far more hits, whereas the defending faction can do very little to catch up since they have only a single target to choose from.
And, of course, the situation is compounded in a case like this, where the defending faction does not have a viable target whatsoever because the only player opposing can't be attacked.
This rare case is known, I believe we'll need a simple time-out system whereby if there are no attacks between the two factions within 72 hours, the raid is ended. I'll need to discuss with Sergey.
While I agree there should be minimum hits between factions or the raid is ended, I think raiding needs several other changes to complement this.
I didn't fully appreciate it when carenza made his ranting threads a few months ago, but I've experienced it first-hand several times myself now. Currently if a faction is raided, the most valid tactic is to kick everyone instantly, mount a come-back 24hrs later and cease the raid. Which effectively makes the whole warring type pretty silly.
This is exacerbated if there is also a time-out clause. It might at first seem ridiculous for a faction to have a mass exodus for 72hrs, but it's honestly a small price to pay given how costly an effect a raid can have. Any faction I know with some sense would happily do it once every 3 months to save themselves a lot of respect-lost and/or energy-used to recover a winning position in a raid.
Maybe it makes sense to do something like -- if the losing faction submits a Surrender Request, it halts the raid until the raiding faction either declines or accepts the surrender. This forces the raiding faction to respond to the surrender.
If the winning faction does not respond to the surrender within 72 hours, the raid is ceased. That solves issues like this one we are facing.
If a surrender request is declined, the 24h timer to cease/surrender is reset. That stops the losing faction from abusing it and halting progress.