Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Python Mentor

Started by Phillip_J_Fry [2184575] on in API Development.

4 replies · 202 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
Phillip_J_Fry [2184575]
I am trying to build a bot in python 3.7.3

So im looking for someone who can help me when im stuck and need guidance

I consider my self a complete noob

I do have a small bit of knowledge in Python and already have a bot up and running

If you would be willing to help,

Please add me on discord : Haroldsaxon#2239
Pi77Bull [2082618]
You mean a discord bot or something similar and not a bot that does things ingame for you, right? Because the latter is against the rules of Torn.
Kivou [2000607]
I made my bot with this module: https://github.com/Rapptz/discord.py

Pretty strait-forward to use, especially if you already know python.

And there is a couple of 101 tutorials to start like this one: https://www.devdungeon.com/content/make-discord-bot-python

After, just read to doc to do more fancy stuff: https://discordpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api.html

A decent free host for the bot would be: https://www.heroku.com/
It goes with a free pgsql database 
_Pam_ [2235735]


I will have a look when I have time. I just able toto pull api from discord bot, but sad because have to always run it on pc. Mayb will try out that free host for bot.