So im quite new to Torn and like advice on what i should definitely do to level up and what to avoid. I hope this will also help other newcomers to get more experience.
Advice?
Started by Dannerzz [2244111] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 19
- Authority score
- 36 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 49 / 100
- Engagement score
- 54 / 100
Baldr's Basic Advice
This guide should help you out. Use your free time to read up on guides in the Tutorials and Guides sub-forum. Lots of valuable information.
This guide list should also help you out.
Guide List by Ahab.
If you have any other questions then feel free to create a thread in the Questions and Answers sub-forum.
You can also ask for help on the Torn Discord.
Torn Discord
You should also consider joining a strong faction for new players where you will receive advice on how to play the game.
This guide should help you out. Use your free time to read up on guides in the Tutorials and Guides sub-forum. Lots of valuable information.
This guide list should also help you out.
Guide List by Ahab.
If you have any other questions then feel free to create a thread in the Questions and Answers sub-forum.
You can also ask for help on the Torn Discord.
Torn Discord
You should also consider joining a strong faction for new players where you will receive advice on how to play the game.
Mentions: Baldr's Basic Advice · Guide list
Get yourself a donator pack to level quicker.
And check out the question and answers forum.
And check out the question and answers forum.
Word of advice
Watch out for these dumbass fake females begging for cash:
[image: media.discordapp.net]
Watch out for these dumbass fake females begging for cash:
[image: media.discordapp.net]
Some guides not specifically mentioned above that I would recommend:
- Kayla's New Player Starter Guide/FAQ - Detailed guide covering the basics for new players. I remember someone calling Baldr's Basic Advice the "New Player Bible," which, while I absolutely believe it's by far the single most useful resource currently existing for new players, I firmly believe Kayla's guide is equally a must-read.
- Nash's Guide to Nerve Bar (Revived) - Great guide focusing on raising/maintaining your Natural Nerve Bar (NNB). If you're just looking for a quick reminder on which crimes are safe, Safe Crimes and Crime Honors/Medals Guide is a good resource too.
- A Trader's guide to $1,000,000,000 - In-depth guide on how to make your first billion through trading. While I personally haven't chosen this route, I would certainly strongly encourage you at least check it out, as it has some very good step-by-step advice.
- Spending Merits - There are several merit guides, however, this one is my personal favorite. Merits are largely a personal preference type of thing, though, so I'll include some other good merit-spending guides: Mat's "what should I use my merits on" guide, Andyman's Merit Spending Guide. I don't think any of these merit guides are necessarily "better" than the others, but someone else may disagree. If you have a lot of curiosity about merit-spending, I would recommend reading up on as many detailed guides on it as possible, since merits are expensive to reset as a new player.
- Remember, scamming and buy-mugging are legal in Torn, and technically legitimate ways to make money. If either of those things happens to you, just blacklist the person and take it as a learning experience rather than trying to get staff to fed them for it, as staff cannot and will not do that. As I mentioned, they're legitimate ways of making money, but that doesn't mean I at all support them. I suggest you avoid doing either of those things, as it's a quick way to make enemies.
- Avoid making enemies when possible. It's unlikely asking questions would make you any enemies; please never be afraid to ask if you're unsure of something. However, insulting people or publicly complaining about someone bountying you because you did something like insult them will make you enemies. I don't mean to imply you did either of those things; you'd be shocked how many people have prior. Overall, treat fellow players like human beings, and you should be fine.
- Stay away from the casino. Or at least, never gamble money you aren't willing to lose/don't have (don't take a loan just to gamble). The casino is the single fastest way to lose all of your hard-earned money. Many new players quit Torn shortly after gambling all of their money away and getting discouraged. Even experienced players have gone into debt gambling. Just like in real life, the house always wins. And no, you don't have an equal chance of winning a Private Island on the Wheel of Awesome as you do anything else on the wheel, nor is there any way to time stopping it so it lands on what you want it to; the animation is just for show.
Mentions: A Trader's Guide to $1,000,000,000 · Andyman's Merit Spending Guide · Baldr's Basic Advice · Kayla's New Player Starter Guide/FAQ · Mat's "what should I use my merits on" guide · Nash's Guide to Nerve Bar (Revived) · Safe Crimes and Crime Honors/Medals Guide · Spending Merits
Stay out of Global, people there are bored, so pooping on you for merely speaking is a likely possibility.
Remember, theres always gonna be someone stronger than you, and if theyre not, they got a friend who is... stay humble, and avoid getting sucked into silly beefs. Theres no shame in walking away from a situation if it keeps you off someones enemy list
Just be nice.. it really is easier than being mean, and it will serve you well as you progress through the game.. I'm still friends with people I just stumbled upon and was cool to when I was first starting out.
Best of luck !
Remember, theres always gonna be someone stronger than you, and if theyre not, they got a friend who is... stay humble, and avoid getting sucked into silly beefs. Theres no shame in walking away from a situation if it keeps you off someones enemy list
Just be nice.. it really is easier than being mean, and it will serve you well as you progress through the game.. I'm still friends with people I just stumbled upon and was cool to when I was first starting out.
Best of luck !
100% with the global thing, easiest way to earn bounties for next to nothing
Thia disliked your post
Thia disliked your post