Hey everyone. I was a real noob and spent all my racing points on my E class car while I was in E class. Now it has bumped me up to D class and I have 0 points to upgrade the D class car. I am now unable to win any races. Every single time I finish in 6th place since I wasted all those points on my E car.
What can I do now? Is there some way to fix this or should I just forget about racing from now on?
Cheers :(
I did the same I'm class B now just keep at it mate
I did the same thing. So what i did was just kept entering. You will win eventually, and when you do start winning, thats when you start saving. Im in the B Class and before i went in to it i saved points. 101 saved going into B class. Keep at it. And if you want you know what i used in C Class msg me. Good luck
Get a bmw x5. Enter it on dirt tracks.
When you get the first racing point from it, get strip out. Nothing else. And hang in there. It's way better to learn this lesson in class D than the higher classes.
Thanks. I'll give the BMW a go. I have been trying with a MR2 and have come 6th in the last 20ish races... not good.
Winning is random, just keep joining races
Car Dealership, Mechanic Shop, and Gas Station give 1 racing point per 5 job points.
Also the longer you race, even if you lose, your racing skill will increase slowly. A driver with 100 skill in a un modded car will probably be able to beat a noob with a tricked out car
Do some 100 lap custom races and boost your DS a bit also
Yep - this is just a driving skill issue. Because you upgraded in E, you're at a lower DS than most in D. But you'll eventually build up your DS sufficiently to start winning in D. To get through it, I'd do the following:
1. Look at using your upgraded E car. Depending on how many upgrades you put in it - it may be faster than your stock D car.
2. Once you start winning, don't burn your points on upgrades. If you're patient enough - you can get through D with no upgrades at all. Or do the strip out upgrade - but that's it. Either way - you need to save any future points for higher levels.
3. Run a bunch of 100 lap races. Most people run official races during the day when they're on-line a bunch, and then set up 100-lap docks races for when they know they'll be off line for several hours (e.g. overnight).
The good news is that you caught this early enough that it won't be hard to get back on track.
Kiber.
Thank you for all the tips everyone. It's working. Not all the time but I am coming in the top 3 every now and then doing all the things that have been recommended to me here. Especially using a bmw x5 on dirt tracks. Even stock it's good since most people seem to use non-off-road cars.
I now have hope again where as before I had lost it all :)
So should I try getting to A class without spending any points? Or should I spend some in C and B? Once I get there which cars and upgrades should I get if any?
Thanks :)
Find and read Baldr's racing faq in this forum.
Listen to the champ..get that ds up. Before you go to bed each night join a 100 lap race.
Sleep is for the WEAK. Stay up all night. Watch movies and race for points. Weather the storm my son. Do this... and you shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes.
Racing is a long term thing. As long as you can earn some racing points then you wont have to resort to drastic measures ie joining a company which gives racing points as a job special.