I would find it incredibly useful if there was an API that at the very least gave you the current stock prices, if not the stocks I have in each company. Would anyone else find this useful? I could have missed it somewhere in the API's but I don't think so. Hopefully it would be easy for Torn to implement.
{Function request]API for stock market
Started by AngelOD [2166048] on in API Development.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Authority score
- 52 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
https://api.torn.com/torn/?selections=stocks&key=
what he said
{ "stocks": { "3469178": { "stock_id": 7, "shares": 150000, "bought_price": "502.7396", "time_bought": 1433347670, "time_listed": 0 }, "3470665": { "stock_id": 17, "shares": 100000, "bought_price": "590.52", "time_bought": 1433435524, "time_listed": 0 }, "4522557": { "stock_id": 14, "shares": 100000, "bought_price": "71.0446", "time_bought": 1489591328, "time_listed": 0 },
so on so forth. you'll have to pull the stock id and then call the appropriate section of the api to get the stock name and current price, etc, but meh
{ "stocks": { "3469178": { "stock_id": 7, "shares": 150000, "bought_price": "502.7396", "time_bought": 1433347670, "time_listed": 0 }, "3470665": { "stock_id": 17, "shares": 100000, "bought_price": "590.52", "time_bought": 1433435524, "time_listed": 0 }, "4522557": { "stock_id": 14, "shares": 100000, "bought_price": "71.0446", "time_bought": 1489591328, "time_listed": 0 },
so on so forth. you'll have to pull the stock id and then call the appropriate section of the api to get the stock name and current price, etc, but meh
https://imgur.com/a/rfLxiyH
It's 2 api calls:
1) all stocks (as mentioned above by everyone): https://api.torn.com/torn/?selections=stocks&key=
2) your stocks: https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=stocks&key=
1) all stocks (as mentioned above by everyone): https://api.torn.com/torn/?selections=stocks&key=
2) your stocks: https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=stocks&key=
As Shro said you will need to do the 2 api calls.
I was recently searching for the same thing and ended up making a Google Sheets for Stocks which should give you the data you want.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pxVvyzvWmklsPI6RHH8BE2sYfAs1RtMwl5YXXaH29kc/edit?usp=sharing
I was recently searching for the same thing and ended up making a Google Sheets for Stocks which should give you the data you want.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pxVvyzvWmklsPI6RHH8BE2sYfAs1RtMwl5YXXaH29kc/edit?usp=sharing