Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Book - Defense Gains

Started by Riot [974353] on in Questions & Answers.

35 replies · 550 views · thread synced · 17 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 36 / 36 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
36
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Riot [974353]
You found a Box of Grenades and a book titled "Self Defense In The Workplace" on your doorstep

Effect: Increases Defense gym gains by 30% for 31 days


So this morning I woke up to quite a nice book at my doorstep (finally) and upon discussing it with a faction member he raised a good question; I am currently in a 10* Mining Job, I can exchange 10 JP for 100k Def.... Does the book affect these gains? Theoretically can I just save an absolute ton of these points and trade them all in in one go?

I have a sneaking suspicion it wont work with the book but worth an ask
Silkhands [2118155]
It also begs the question would the book that gives 30% more strength gains also stack with the furnature store perk?

Would be very interesting to see if either or both work.

Good luck, and nice find!
Riot [974353]
Wolverine Liked your thread
Wolverine replied to your thread... "no"

haha! Thanks for the answer, I thought that might be the case. 
Wamboozled [484539]
I got the same book mate. It’s a really good book. I’ll be using it next book break with 4 x FHC a day and +14/15% faction defence gym gains hopefully.
Riot [974353]
Aye, I'm going to be buying up a lot of FHCs to make the most of mine, might respec my faction to accommodate, we'll see how my members respond to that though
Ricky-Bobby [297109]
you can go to a company that has energy gains thats a route save it up and use daily energy from the company on top of maxing out fhc and xanax with point refills.
AzureDawn [2111374]
Pub, farm, restaurant , pub, furniture store have special that will increase energy . 10* farm & 10* gameshop is suggested
AzureDawn [2111374]
Well if the gym you are using use 10e to train ,10* farm special gives you another 7 train. The 10%...Yeah u need to train 7×100% to get same as farm special, it just mean u need train 70 of the 10% bonus (just mean u need train 70 times which is 700e) to get same gain as farm. So yeah I think more E is better than 10% bonus, and u could use the E to train any stat:)
SinCitySinner [2116762]
assuming that is a Passive... you'd be able to take advantage of it after 3 days in company

for the others (trading job points in for E), you'd have to be in a 10* for about 300 days prior to reading the book for full effect (using 100 job points daily on E for 31 days)
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
"Well if the gym you are using use 10e to train"

Doesn't matter how much the gym is. The question is total amount of e trained.

Assuming you don't waste it, you get 720e a day that you can train.  Assuming you are using 3 xanax a day, that's another 750e.  Assuming you are using FHC's for the month (discussed above, and certainly a good idea while using this book) then that is another 600e a day.

And in the strip club, you get a 10% bonus to all trains.  Will the energy companies give you more than 10% additional energy?  I don't think they come close at all.
Riot [974353]
Cheers Baldr, no disrespect to the others that answered but I was awaiting someone with a bit more experience to come along and answer.

Ofcourse I will be using 3x xanax and 4 FHCs a day too!  
Theory [2190956]
Thats my general plan,... I'm gunna wait til I'm past the cap too :)

I was actually speaking with Baldr about it before I saw this thread lol.
Riot [974353]
Best start collecting for the shopping list

124 FHCs 1.8b
93 Xanax  77m
31 daily refils 39m
sacrificing my job which pays 3m a day 93m

Total: ~2b

Going to be an expensive 31 days