Why in official race must wait almost 1h to race to start even all 6 cars i's on track? will be better to have a shorter waiting time until race start's. Maybe whit a update this inconveniant can be fixt?
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 16
- Authority score
- 35 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 40 / 100
- Engagement score
- 53 / 100
If it was less it would all be to easy
but why? which rules said : ''MUST BE HARD!!''. I'm new in this game, but i see a lot of players whit 1000-2000 days from last login. Why they quit? I like this game, i realy do. But i think some things must be harder and outher more easier to play. But it's just my oppinion
This is a long term game not a 5 minute thing. Lots of us have played for years and every now and then along comes someone wanting shorter waiting times and this or that to be easier. If they did that everyone who has played years would have all their gains and effort made pointless.
Be patient and play the game.
Be patient and play the game.
Not much comes "quickly" round here. The entire game is an "in it for the long run" type o'ting bruv. There is no warp pipe tunnel shortcuts to the final level here. Patience is a virtue and hopefully good things come to those who wait. (sorry for the outdated video game reference, i am old)
I don't fly, if you do you obviously are going to feel idle time waiting to race is not friendly to your overall game play. When I first started racing, I didn't like the wait, but I made it a choice.
First, read Baldr's Racing FAQ in the racing forum, it's got a good general base of information that will help you spend racing points wisely/frugally so you get to class A with a good number of points available.
Second, pick a car that is either good on dirt or good on tarmac (look at lap records) in each class. Spend very limited points (Baldr's FAQ!) on lower class cars - 0 or 1 in E, not many more in D, 25ish in C if you can get away with it. Spend the points on one car in each lower class, you hopefully won't spend time there for long, so overinvesting in one car or investing in multiple lower cars makes higher classes difficult.
Third, when you join an official race, the track will either have dirt (5 of 16 tracks) or be all tarmac (11 of 16 tracks). If your car (dirt vs tarmac) matches the track (dirt vs tarmac), then stay in the race. If it doesn't match, leave the race and go fly (if that's your income) or enter a custom race to build driving skill.
Anyway, the idea here was just to make the hour wait a calculated use of time - I would only wait if I thought my car was good on the track and I had a better chance at racing points. If not, I would go do something else more profitable/useful.
EDIT - I'm in class A, driving skill over 40, after years of racing actively I finally have every class A car except the ultra-rare Bugatti (dammit Stormcast) fully upgraded. On a very good day, I can gain 25-30 racing points in official races despite the hour wait. If you didn't have the wait, I would be able to get 50+ points most days, completely taking any challenge or long-term effort out of building a fully-upgraded garage. I would be able to upgrade a class A car fully (266 points without safety) in under a week. So the wait is probably a good thing...
First, read Baldr's Racing FAQ in the racing forum, it's got a good general base of information that will help you spend racing points wisely/frugally so you get to class A with a good number of points available.
Second, pick a car that is either good on dirt or good on tarmac (look at lap records) in each class. Spend very limited points (Baldr's FAQ!) on lower class cars - 0 or 1 in E, not many more in D, 25ish in C if you can get away with it. Spend the points on one car in each lower class, you hopefully won't spend time there for long, so overinvesting in one car or investing in multiple lower cars makes higher classes difficult.
Third, when you join an official race, the track will either have dirt (5 of 16 tracks) or be all tarmac (11 of 16 tracks). If your car (dirt vs tarmac) matches the track (dirt vs tarmac), then stay in the race. If it doesn't match, leave the race and go fly (if that's your income) or enter a custom race to build driving skill.
Anyway, the idea here was just to make the hour wait a calculated use of time - I would only wait if I thought my car was good on the track and I had a better chance at racing points. If not, I would go do something else more profitable/useful.
EDIT - I'm in class A, driving skill over 40, after years of racing actively I finally have every class A car except the ultra-rare Bugatti (dammit Stormcast) fully upgraded. On a very good day, I can gain 25-30 racing points in official races despite the hour wait. If you didn't have the wait, I would be able to get 50+ points most days, completely taking any challenge or long-term effort out of building a fully-upgraded garage. I would be able to upgrade a class A car fully (266 points without safety) in under a week. So the wait is probably a good thing...
I'm a new player and a new racer and I've definitely benefited from all the guides and advice on these forums but I was wondering if you guys who have been racing and playing for years would see any merit in having the waiting time for races halved to 30 mins for a one time purchase price of 250 points? This would be another must-have point bought item which might help to raise the price of points and would also help keen players to gain racing points and increase their DS quicker. I'm guessing this won't be popular, but thought I'd ask on the offchance you might think it worth suggesting...
this game is a long term grind, thats what makes it appealing to me. reducing the time to do anything by 50% would defeat the purpose.