you could exclude certain threads. i see your point though. thats an active place.
Ability to subscribe to people on forums + tagging
Started by Champion [1927067] on in Suggestions.
Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
you could exclude certain threads. i see your point though. thats an active place.
bump
with only so many people i can follow at a time, this feature is something i would definitely go for
Thank you for your insightful post
Up ^
Edit: The original thread, not Dudes post
^ What she said
This is a simple yet great idea, very useful for events like the noob appreciation week to allow the entrants to see When a new question or task is posted and prevent clutter in the replies section
This idea sounds like a way to be a serial down voter or up voter.
b
thats going to happen regardless. i dont think we should block feature ideas simply based on potential abuse. abuse will happen no matter what.
+
Agree
Bump!
bump
Trump
obama
bump
There seems to be a lack of detail regarding how this would actually work.
You can already subscribe to threads, and you can already see your friends posts in the forums.
Really, the latter there should absolutely be more than suitable I think, there's a big list that shows you all of your friend's most recent posts. Simply add the person to your friends list and you'll see their posts in that box. 'Tagging' or 'Subscribing' to a player would be no different than that list I expect, so we'd be duplicating a feature which pretty much already exists.
You can already subscribe to threads, and you can already see your friends posts in the forums.
Really, the latter there should absolutely be more than suitable I think, there's a big list that shows you all of your friend's most recent posts. Simply add the person to your friends list and you'll see their posts in that box. 'Tagging' or 'Subscribing' to a player would be no different than that list I expect, so we'd be duplicating a feature which pretty much already exists.
Tagging someone such as '@Chedburn' would allow for a more interactive forum... want to mention someone? Tag them so they see. Talking about someone in a thread? tag them so their name is clickable and people don't have to manually search for who you're talking about. I know it would make the forums a lot more interesting from my POV and i'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks so.
I understand the subscriber bit, however, it would save people from having to add others to their friends list if they like seeing posts from them (maybe they don't consider them a friend and don't want their name on their list everyday when they're online)
I understand the subscriber bit, however, it would save people from having to add others to their friends list if they like seeing posts from them (maybe they don't consider them a friend and don't want their name on their list everyday when they're online)
Not everyone wants to add people to their friends to track what they say in the forum. I could be interested in [Player X]'s forum posts, but not want them to revive or chat me. If I add them to my friends list, they can do all of this with certain settings. Additionally (no offence to them) but I don't want to see all of my friend's forum posts.
Tagging could have it's own feed I'm sure? Have a search box above each Reply box with the option to search+tag for a user, who are then notified in a 'Tag' feed.
Tagging could have it's own feed I'm sure? Have a search box above each Reply box with the option to search+tag for a user, who are then notified in a 'Tag' feed.