Does the game force you to move up or can you choose to stay in the lower class to gain more points?
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Authority score
- 35 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 38 / 100
- Engagement score
- 51 / 100
Unfortunately the game does force you to move up in class as you earn race points. Once you earn 25 points you move from E to D, at 100 you go to C, at 250 you'll move to B, and at 475 you reach A class.
Try not to spend all your points before moving up in class. Once you start placing 3rd or better on a consistent basis, start saving your points for upgrading the car you choose for your next class.
There are jobs that allows you to exchange job points for race points. Jobs points spent in this way don't count towards points that will move you up in class. These jobs include mechanic shop, car dealership, and gas station. Other bonuses include reduced parts cost and reduced chance of losing parts in the event of a crash.
Try not to spend all your points before moving up in class. Once you start placing 3rd or better on a consistent basis, start saving your points for upgrading the car you choose for your next class.
There are jobs that allows you to exchange job points for race points. Jobs points spent in this way don't count towards points that will move you up in class. These jobs include mechanic shop, car dealership, and gas station. Other bonuses include reduced parts cost and reduced chance of losing parts in the event of a crash.
Great question
It moved me up to class D at 1.76 points. I thought it was 25. I guess I'm screwed.
That's your racing skill, not racing points
Racing points and driver skill is different. Racing point is needed to upgrade car parts and move up class. Driver skill is the exp you get from racing.
Ah, I see. I thought both were points. I thought I was going to be in E until 25 racing skill.
lol, it will take you thousands of races and probably several years to get a DS of 25.