Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Rate limited

Started by Deus_Bellum [1545093] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 30 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
33 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
35 / 100
Deus_Bellum [1545093]
I'm being rate limited while using the app but, not while using the browser. I've maybe refreshed the page twenty times in five minutes, if that. Any work arounds or just stop using app?
Stewie [1494547]
Is this still an issue for you?
This occurs when making too many requests within a short period of time, which then locks you out for a certain period of time.
Deus_Bellum [1545093]
I can surely say in the past while chaining I've used the browsers excessively more than I was using the app, I had actually just finished reading the torn news and hit the home button when rate limit popped up, it was my first time ever seeing it but, to clarify, it was only on the app, not the browser. It is not limited now.
Stewie [1494547]
I believe we can close this for now then.
This occurs when you make too many requests, and something will be making those requests.
Please report back if it persists, with information on exactly what you were doing leading up to it and maybe it can be looked into further.
Thanks.
Ohhaykfrankk [2229644]
"You are being rate limited.
We have detected an unusually high number of requests per minute directed towards the logged-out areas of TORN originating from your IP address. Please check any software or scripts you (or others on your IP address) are using."

My friend (who can't currently log in obviously) got this message while opening the Torn app for the first time in 19 hours. She has a ZTE cricket android if that matters but she definitely doesn't have any software or scripts and never logs out.

Does anyone know how long this will last or why it happened?