Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dead players

Started by KickRocks [1030718] on in Graveyard.

18 replies · 426 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
16
Likes on archived posts
55
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

Most-liked replies

KickRocks [1030718]
Seems that there are still some members of the community that would like to discuss dead players and the status of them within the game some more. Somehow my original thread disappeared in an untimely manner, so here's round two for you lovers.

My real question is, if someone is resurrected during a chain, will their hits count toward the active chain or do they have to wait for a new one?
Brakier [2095393]
your lack of empathy is disturbing and quite shocking. no idea where you got this kind of humor but it has no place on torn.
Blistig [1553363]
Well seeing as they are in Fed, they cant just magically appear and start making contributions to a chain. I would assume there would be a lengthy discussion between the person and staff to prove it is their account and that they didnt truly die, as claimed. If they are deemed to be in control of that account and un-fed, then they would just be another player. Factions might be able to get away with the 101 member count, but I am sure staff would bring that up to the faction leaders to sort out, or force the issue themselves.

This isnt even remotely a reason to be concerned about lol
Plague_Doctor [1083237]
I say move all dead people to a staff-owned faction called Skeleton Army and they will conduct random npc-style raids.

And no I still haven’t developed any respect for the dead.
Flugkatze [1718691]
Sure, the friend of mine who died after a horrible fight against cancer almost 2 years ago, will magically arise from the dead and use his inactivity refills to make a 1k chain on his own. See that totally happening.
.
.
.
.
.
.
NOT!
SkinnyPeen [2176021]
I see your issue OP.


Getting even LIVING people to chain is hard to do.

However, from what I know of TORN, any hits made by an account that has joined a faction chain DURING the chain will not count. But, if some voodoo were to occur and a /dead/ profile in your faction was to be resurrected, my guess is that their hits would count, as they will have been in the faction before the chain started.

Hope this helps. Good luck getting corpses to hit anything.
Plague_Doctor [1083237]
Don’t see how it’s edgy, I just make fun of dead people. And I’m pretty sure some of those would be much less butthurt about it than you.
HavokGDI [133687] Moderator Official
Upon reading the post and the answers I realise I was wrong. I thought it was a newb asking about chaining and if someone is in the hosp and they come back out. Now I see it is a level 95 edge lord who thinks making fun of people dying is funny troll who is wasting everyone's time. Graved till science finds a way to bring people back.