Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mission bug

Started by Spurtung [96875] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 113 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
Spurtung [96875]
A Problem at the TracksVery easy
Just love shooting those guns, don't you? You idiot! You go shooting at people at the race track, folks don't want to bring their families there to watch the races and then folks don't go there to bet on them! Plus if you put bulletholes in cars I'm pretty sure it makes them go faster. I wanted to build up gambling at the track, and now it's a ghost town. Listen to what I say next time, or I'll put a few speed holes in you.
  • Defeat alchemy without using any guns
  • Defeat D_Rob33 without using any guns
  • Defeat Jim_Kid without using any guns


Failed this mission because I used a flamethrower and I've got some issues with it:
- the most obvious one is that a flamethrower is NOT a gun. If the point of it is to not use primary nor secondary weapons, it should be stated as such. There are some secondary weapons that aren't guns, like the slingshot, the crossbow, the blowgun and the flamethrower.
- it is also not stated anywhere that these attacks should occur at first try.

I attacked only one of them, and right after the first attack using a flamethrower and a diamond bladed knife, the mission appears as failed, as if I couldn't attack the same target without using a "gun" next time...

Mentions: alchemy [539089] · D_Rob33 [537178] · Jim_Kid [304070]

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
It's not 'on the first try', if I'm not mistaken you have as many attempts as you want. You just must not use any guns (as it clearly references in the tasks). I believe the story-line also makes this very clear that using a gun would result in failure: "Fists and melee weapons only though, because hell, these guys have talent!"

I think it's fairly common sense that Flamethrower would be included in this (unless we're being very pedantic). I think any changes to the task description would lead to even less clear / more complicated instructions.

Considering the task description is 99% accurate (and achieving 100% would make the task more complicated and less understandable), and the requirements are also clearly confirmed in the story-line, I don't see any need for changes.
Spurtung [96875]
Yet, it was at first try. You can check my attack list and see I only tried on of them, and the mission is failed, even though I technically had 2 more days to complete it.
Stewie [1494547]
You can have many attempts at the mission I believe, assuming you do not use any Primary or Secondary weapons — a Flamethrower is counted as a gun because of this.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I'm going to close this as I can't find a suitable solution. Every alternative I think of simply makes it more complicated for the user to comprehend. I think this is fine since the Task description is 99% accurate and the story-line confirms "Fists and melee weapons only".
Gloatingtank [2260284]
I was going to take the Hide and Seek mission but one of the people I have to hit is marked for deletion. Backhod8. Which means the mission would not be able to be completed.