Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Unread messages persistent notification

Started by bekoe [439563] on in Suggestions.

39 replies · 544 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
41 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

bekoe [439563]
At present, if I have 2 unread messages, the little message icon on the menu goes green and says I have 2 unread messages. As soon as I click the messages option, that notification disappears entirely. If I action a message; it's very easy to forget that i've another unread message.

I think it would be nice for the notification to show the number of unread messages persistently; in doing so it would be nice to have a display unread messages in the message inbox, much like an email inbox. It would also be nice to be able to mark messages as unread again if you plan to come back and action them later.

Thoughts welcomed.
AshleyT [1432316]
As long as there's an easy way to clear them without reading them, especially if someone starts spamming you.

Because someones gonna be an ass and do that and we know it.
bekoe [439563]
Would searching for messages from that person and using a select all and delete suffice? Further messages could be blocked using existing functionality.