I feel like waiting 3 months is far too long to change your name. We are already charged points for it (money grabbers) A month would be better (probably too long still imo) but yea I changed my name 2 months ago and regret it ? I want to change it again but still another month to go ?
What's everyone's thoughts on this?
~Philthy
The reason it was changed in the first place was because some folks (usually scammers etc) took advantage of the easy way to change your name.
3 months isn't that bad really, just pick a name and stick to it.
It is 3 months because it has to be a decision you are sure about
just make sure you pick a name you always want to have. like for example Philthy instead of Philthy_player.
ive had my brakier nick for probly 10 years plus. its the nick i use for everthing you can think of. so even when im 80+ you still gonna see Brakier uploads a vid on youtube, brakier bougth these items on ebay, brakier replied to your message on torn. pick something you can have untill you die so people can bond whit your name.
Yeah. The name AnnaT was so last month, damn it.
I changed my name once from cannonfodr to cannonfodder only because the spelling was driving me nuts. Take from this absolute gem of information what you will and be a better person because of it
I never really thought of it like that. Makes sense though 👌ðŸ¼
I think I went for philthy but it was taken so used my old xbox gamer tag haha
I guess I wasn’t sure enough then hahaha
Maybe you should change it to Philtheh instead
Aye, it makes sense that way, but why downvote me? lol
All good though, when discussing anything I care about serious responses anyways and not any karma :)
I shall learn from my mistakes my friend!! Ha
Maybe I will sis hahaha
More like so last decade haha
Popa da Pill (said super fast guys) forever baby
Yep same. If you Google iribuya you'll find all my dirty little secrets that only the internet knows.
@OP be glad you can even change name. In most games that's a big nono
I am a fan of the automatic name change including the points to do so, It saves people getting pestered to change names.
Think of a name change, pay for it and stick to it.
Wow. When I search your name it leads to your torn links...
From a privacy point of view this is the worst advice ever, please take no offense. Use different names, use different emails for different stuff, like this email for games, this email for business, this email for close family, etc.
You never know when somebody tags you down for whatever reason, being a legal or less legal one. It's not paranoia, it's the way Internet works nowadays, and we have way too many examples, just look at Facebook and elections.
I don't even connect tools that allow me to connect with other tools, it's not their business what my customs are and what do I do.
Don't get me wrong, I am the most relaxed guy ever and I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Just a bunch of lunatics looking for reasons. But I do believe in obvious examples.
PS: I did as you say before, until I did a little search many years ago, and I was shocked how much information one could have gathered about me using my email, my nickname, my name. Now after a long crusade for my privacy there is nothing about me or most of my family.
yea i know what you mean, that stuff do happens sometimes, but its often easy to fix. but ye i see your point.
ya i dont really care if people know who i am irl. they find out they find out. people wanna come and threaten me irl at my place, then come, stabb me, ididnt mean to be this melodramtic, but im not very happy irl, hence i dont give much crap anymore what people do to me.