Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Reset merit

Started by lems [2303222] on in Questions & Answers.

4 replies · 89 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
14
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100

Most-liked replies

lems [2303222]
Hi, sorry for the noob question. I was looking at the Points Building and there is a thing called Reset Merits. It says that I already own it, but I didn't buy it and I don't actually know what it is. I have searched the forums and Wiki but I can't find an answer that I understand. What is it, and why do I have it?
Anxiety [2149726]
It resets the merits you have spent into upgrades and gives them back. One is given for free every Christmas but yours may be saying owned because you haven't spent any merits into upgrades yet.
ChaosReigns [2169241]
You earn merits for achieving awards and honour bars throughout the progress of the game. You can apply these merits to a number of in game specialities to further enhance your in game progress. More detailed information is available from the Wiki page here.

Usually free merit resets are awarded for logging in on Christmas Day or by reading a book that gives such a reward. As you are a newer account I am unsure as to why you have this. You can always pm a staff member (assuming the unlikely event a staff member does not post here) for a further explanation as to why you have beem awarded a free merit reset.
Tyrion [1967379]
To add one last thing, don't spend points yet on any resets as they get more expensive each time and save those free Xmas resets as well (they stack).

It's not worth resetting at low merits, just make sure you spend them wisely and read upon it first, before just clicking on anything.

Edit: At low age, maximise your edu reduction first and maybe put a few merits on crime success chance, as this will benefit you the most.