Bump
Items in RR
Started by _7_ [1648788] on in Suggestions.
Posts archived: 107 / 107 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Its not a bad idea.
its just that if implemented , the gambling addicts who are just holding on to their assets as they are too lazy to sell will go broke too quickly.
Secondly, How will the value of items such as guns that vary in stats will be compared?
its just that if implemented , the gambling addicts who are just holding on to their assets as they are too lazy to sell will go broke too quickly.
Secondly, How will the value of items such as guns that vary in stats will be compared?
RR?
I want it. This would probably have more people play RR in general. It could be something like a trade, where you each put up something like money, items, or property, and then winner takes all. There would be confirmations that you really want to add things as well, so you don't accidentally add something you didn't mean to.
Agreed....Ched could tweak as needed. This is an older suggestion
There's been on average 865 games per day since December 2014. That's not insignificant.
Still, the amount of work and additional complexity this would require (basically implementing an entire 'Trade' system to Russian Roulette) would certainly not be worth it in the slightest I think. I'd like to keep RR quick and simple, rather than force users through a whole ordeal at the beginning of each game. The confusion and bug reports that'd follow such an update could last months and the risk is too high.
But thanks for the suggestion.
Still, the amount of work and additional complexity this would require (basically implementing an entire 'Trade' system to Russian Roulette) would certainly not be worth it in the slightest I think. I'd like to keep RR quick and simple, rather than force users through a whole ordeal at the beginning of each game. The confusion and bug reports that'd follow such an update could last months and the risk is too high.
But thanks for the suggestion.
Let me preface this with me saying I know it sounds too harsh. I am known IRL for always being blunt, and this post definitely follows that pattern. I know Ched is not just throwing this suggestion away without consideration, and that there are valid reasons for saying "not going to happen". However...here is my blunt response. (you can tell this preface was written after I wrote the rest of the post XD)
Yet another "too much work" response. I know that things here take a lot of effort to run the game, and I greatly appreciate all the things development does. I know there are higher priority things for the future, and that these things should not be put down for our suggestions. However, it does feel like after doing the work to get the required upvotes something more than "no" and a reason should be said.
Instead, how about a "possibly, but definitely not right now. I will put it on the list." (for all I know there is a list)
Something like this suggestion seems like something that could definitely be done, and is well-received. Just give us a maybe. Keeping something simple does not feel like a reason to say no, and things other than Crimes and Poker could do with revamps. Having written my preface at this point I forget my whole train of thought, so I'll just end this here.
Yet another "too much work" response. I know that things here take a lot of effort to run the game, and I greatly appreciate all the things development does. I know there are higher priority things for the future, and that these things should not be put down for our suggestions. However, it does feel like after doing the work to get the required upvotes something more than "no" and a reason should be said.
Instead, how about a "possibly, but definitely not right now. I will put it on the list." (for all I know there is a list)
Something like this suggestion seems like something that could definitely be done, and is well-received. Just give us a maybe. Keeping something simple does not feel like a reason to say no, and things other than Crimes and Poker could do with revamps. Having written my preface at this point I forget my whole train of thought, so I'll just end this here.