I have the mission where I have to lose or stalemate. The target is easily beatable with fists when I'm under the influence of Xanax. If I get a Rusty Sword with 0.00 damage does this mean I will always miss therefore stalemating? I can't find anything on wiki or in forums fully explaining weapon Accuracy. Thanks
It's not actually zero accuracy - it's just rounded down, so it's probably like... 0.004 or something. You can still hit people with it if they have low dexterity compared with your speed but it's by far the best weapon to use for those sorts of missions.
It could be zero accuracy. The accuracy just gets turned into a multiplier on your speed (0 = 0.01). You'll never hit anyone who's dex is equal to or higher than your speed, but you can hit them if it's lower.
Thanks for replies. Is it likely that attacking with a 0.00 accuracy sword would result in a stalemate? The mission target in question always hits me but for 0 damage even with all armour unequipped and on a Xanax cooldown so stalemate is my only way to go!
Stalemating can be tough with anyone inactive on purpose, so go for losing instead imo.
Decent rusty sword is best used indeed like others stated, but to ensure your loss further, just fill max bloodbags so you're at 1HP when entering the fight.
That in combination with a rusty sword will guarantee you'll finish the mission.
Fair enough, I guess my point was it’s possible to hit with it. I assumed that was due to rounding but you could (and probably are) correct that it could be due to 0 accuracy being a non-zero multiplier.
Never happened to me yet and it seems you're unlucky with the target given...
Final thing you could throw in the equation is being on xanax cd, but I'm not sure what else you could attempt after that, unless friends attack you at the same time and lower your stats as a group or with temps.
I don't have all the kinks worked out yet so I'm not entirely ready to share the function I use, but every accuracy can be turned into a multiplier using the inverse of the function that turns Speed:Dexterity ratios into a hit chance. (E.g. 5:1 ratio is ~81% hit chance, these rough values are shown in a table here although they're not perfect).
So if you had an 81.00 weapon, the multiplier would be 5x. You then use this multiplier on your speed, and produce a new ratio and use that to calculate your hit chance. Say for example you had 2m speed vs an opponent with 1m dex. Typically your ratio is 2, and thus have a hit chance of ~67%. With the 81.00 weapon, you use the 5x multiplier and instead have a ratio of 10, and you see that this turns your hit chance into 89% instead.
Those boosts affect the intrinsic accuracy of the weapon, which is a number between either 1-250, from which the display accuracy is calculated. For example, a 66.15 display accuracy weapon has an intrinsic accuracy of 137.977 - which probably sounds pretty meaningless, and truly it is, but it's where mod boosts go for example.