Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Voting is Closed

Started by sugarvalves [1963573] Committee on in General Discussion.

298 replies · 9.87k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 299 / 299 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

CatHead [1581564]
Congratulations to the winners. You guys spammed people and begged for votes extremely effectively and that’s what the competition became. So you guys win, well done.

Bigger congratulations to the people who made “good” (I know my opinion doesn’t count for much) songs and decided to leave the competition as it was. This competition would have been much more fun had everyone done the same. 

From Grif’s original post, I thought that the competition would be judged by a group of judges as well as by a public vote. Go back and read it, it’s a little misleading though I did just read it wrong. That would have mitigated the popularity/ spam voting. 

“Original songs will also be marked higher.” - all the winners were not original songs. (Except, perhaps Proph’s but I’m still not 100% sure. Sounds like an army chant to me.) So this was another misleading line which just doesn’t make sense in hindsight.

I’m not going to sling shit, the entries are all fine and with the competition run like this, it can only be expected to end this way. I’m not overly salty. Just thought I’d write my two cents before the end of the comp.

Congrats to those who entered. This competition wasn’t the one I thought I was entering. And now I’m off, back to obscurity. 
Proph [2113912]
I can confirm mine was 100% original with the only aid coming from a couple of lyrics I stole from actual news reports whilst researching the background into Torn's existence.

I wrote the lyrics first and then put a tune to them afterwards...
CatHead [1581564]
Fair game man and I never saw you spamming. My rant’s not aimed at you!

The point still stands that original songs (and the extra effort we went through to make them) didn’t seem to help at all. Doesn’t matter now though.

ggwp, hope you get third at least.
Hcom3 [2003693]
Just going to throw this in.

This was a competition on talent and creativity, last time I checked you don't need to have talent or be creative to spam/pay people to vote for you. The real winners in my eyes are the ones who's songs don't want to make my ears bleed, and those that don't need to ask everyone and their dogs for votes just to win.
sugarvalves [1963573] Committee Committee
The voting in the Tornovision Song Contest has now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered and voted. With a public vote used to determine the victor, there was always going to be scope for drama and corruption, and boy did you guys do your bit. But when all is said and done, our winner this year is Reddit. Congratulations! Here are the final standings for the top three.

WINNER - Reddit - Torn Mission: 328 points.

SECOND - CerealKillaKyle - I Will Always Love Torn: 297 points.

THIRD - Proph - An Ode To Ched: 236 points.

Top scorer CerealKillaKyle was proven to have bought at least 58 votes during the contest, so his final total of 355 was reduced to reflect that. Other entrants were seen to have used various promotional tactics to boost their vote tallies; these were deemed gross and desperate but acceptable by staff. For those of you already writing your letters of complaint, note that a public voting system will not be used on most competitions, but it will return for some in future, with a few amendments based on your collective response and behaviour.

All finalists will receive four donator packs for their entry. The DPs and the top three prizes will be paid out shortly. The final unamended table can be seen below.

[image: i.imgur.com]
CerealKillaKyle [1857028]
Congrats reddit when you gave up the government decided to help you = )

I stopped buying votes on day one they could have told me I had a 58 point penalty then but nahhh they waited till last day to screw me oh well I'll take a pissed 2nd place lol government is corrupt