Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Random plane crashes?

Started by moistpussy [2285037] on in Suggestions.

22 replies · 173 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

moistpussy [2285037]
Hello,
I know this idea sucks, but it'd be nice if there were random plane crashes (not too often) for the travellers, just like in real life. They should be quite rare and make it to the newspaper.
I know this will be the most downvoted thread on the forum and the idea itself sucks, however, I think it would add a bit more excitement, just like overdosing etc does.
I believe developers have thought about it and maybe have decided that it isn't the best idea, but why not?

Greetings,
from now on from the most hated forum user taaxi.
The-Wiz [1870366]
I had a similar idea once. But it was to be a high level crime like P.A. "hijack a plane" you would hijack the plane. steal a % of cash on hand randomly from passengers, they would wind up in hospital at their destination at the normal time of arrival

Edit: thank you for the R+`s guys. I had another thought to put out there. another wrinkle. If the hijacking goes wrong and fails, the people attempted it are put into FEDERAL jail for 24 hrs. not normal jail. You legit cannot play for 24 hours. Great risks for great rewards. just wanted to throw it out there haha
Iwasme89 [1693153]
oh yeah and if your plane crashes, your account would be deleted.
This could finally fix the points market!

well... or we don't do that
Smokey123 [248901] Helper
Not going to downrate it. This has been suggested before and I disagreed with it then. I don’t think an online text based game which is based around crime should have plane crashes.

Flights are already boring and mindless, if we added crashing it would just be another mindless thing to deal with which would probably add time to the flight (already the most boring action on torn).

Smokey
Ninivah [1950421]
Someone already suggested something similar to this about a year and a half ago. But instrad of it being individually based it was location based like a hurricane attack in the caymans would delay cayman islands flights.

It was a pretty interesting idea.
moistpussy [2285037]
Why do you think deleting an account would be a good idea? It's not profitable for Torn at all. You'd end up in a hospital of course.
Nevertheless, it'd be nice if flying had some new activities. Either it be this or mini games or hijacking or flights being delayed.
_Pam_ [2235735]
There are many post about random event 2.0 which included your idea too. sadly all (most?) of them cant make to 100 vote. :c
Kayla [2031661]
That's true, but that's already in the game. I wouldn't have suggested adding that, same as I wouldn't suggest adding this
SevrinTiger [788076]
I was going to suggest this, but as a player initiated thing, that players have the ability to smuggle bombs on to planes and cause an explosion shortly after take off (so everyone on board would be hosped in torn) and the city map would be scattered with lots of items that disappear after a short while.

Would give newbies and oldbies alike a boost to items found, and maybe a smallish boost to faction respect.

R+
CharlieKirk [1260044]
some people don't travel now cause it's long & boring! but racing most people want to race so it's no big deal to crash, plane crash would be annoying on top of what many already find annoying! that's a different (not a good) comparison!
CharlieKirk [1260044]
I don't like this idea!
but if it would be added to the game there would have to be something else added to make it a action of chance! like add being able to place a bet with the Bookie, then add a Random chance of "your computer cause RF interference causing the pilot to lose controls of the plane causing the plane to crash"

so in other words if you wanted to use your laptop to buy stocks or play the bookies etc,,, it would then & only then trigger a random crash event! which my guess would be most people would just wait till they landed, unless some stock was very cheap & there was shares to buy when you have been trying to buy for weeks!

I still don't like either way! but if it was to be added it would only be for as I added a chance event from the user's actions!