Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

How long will Torn exist? *speculation*

Started by Peep [1964539] on in General Discussion.

44 replies · 807 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
45
Discussion span
→
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Peep [1964539]
Will text based roleplaying games really be a thing in the future? Will Torn expand or will it only keep the current players who will quit gradually until Torn is a ghost town? What will it take in your opinion for Torn to evolve and live past our own lifespan? How long will Torn City exist?

Make your guesses and motivate your answer.
Lat [1187876]
I doubt it will ever become a ghost town, when the best folk are quitting there will be someone wanting to then be the best, self propelling cycle.
Josephine [1923258] Wiki Contributor
I pray it exists for years to come because I don't actually have much else to do with my life other than studying and playing Torn... I'd have to actually go outside if this stops existing... Ew *shudders*
moistpussy [2285037]
Text based RPGs are already dead mostly and no, they won't be a thing in the future.
There are already VR, AR games and the gaming industry will move forward. Many text based games have died and so will Torn someday. Nothing lasts forever.
I believe even the mobile games will die out someday, kind of.

I don't think it will live past our own life lifespan. I can't imagine Torn being a thing in 2060 for example or earlier. I don't think it will even exist in 2040, unless they will make some massive changes. Nowadays children grow up with Fortnite and such games and they think "Vice City" is ugly and has ugly graphics.

Torn has a (crappy, I'm sorry to say that) mobile app, so that's a plus. Torn should go through some massive changes in order to survive. Make it a graphical game in Unity and release it on the consoles, PC, Mac, Linux and smartphones and tablets. Yes, they will lose the old players, but the new generation will play it and I'm sorry to say that, but younger generation is always more important than older. 
CoolguyRuler [2183404]
Making torn a graphic game is a horrible idea. as you said "they think Vice City is ugly" TORN would have to put energy and money into updating graphics which would become obsolete which would require another revamp. besides i think torn is a mix of text-based and graphics. true text-based games are ALL text, my family has a few that I have played. Torn is nothing like those games

TORN doesn't need graphics in order to be outstanding, many games don't, I tend to be drawn toward older(but better designed) games.
Gavin_Dymock [938138]
It will always change and adapt over time to fit in with the current technology.

Comming soon

Torns new smart watch. That allows you to train and do crimes with a flick of the wrist, when you get the notification vibration your NNB or E is full....so....just flick your wrist and let the watch do the rest.
Updates
-when being attacked your watch will beep 3 times....flick your wrist to Flee the country.
All parts sold separately. Batteries not included
.
moistpussy [2285037]
Did you even read what I wrote? I was talking about the future. Can you imagine Torn existing in 2060? If it’s text based then I don’t, but the way things are going video games will be entirely different.

I wasn’t talking about you. You’re already the older generation in the future and you won’t be important. I won’t be important either.

The author asked if Torn will live past our lifetime and I said no. Not without moving forward. By the way there are many great Open City RPG indie games as well.
moistpussy [2285037]
Yes, I'd be against that as well, since many people wouldn't be able to play Torn anymore (minimum system requirements), but the way I predict and many people in the gaming industry predict it seems to be true.
There are aspects that make Torn special and better than most text-based games. The truth is that many text based games have died.